Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Guys I've realised why he's still here, we haven't got a catchy enough Bruce out tune.

But have no fear...
To the tune of up on the roof.

Right smack dab in the mid-table
I've had an idea that's fool proof (**** off Steve bruce)
And if this season starts getting you down
Then sing along with me too
**** off Steve bruce (**** off Steve bruce)
**** of Steve bruuu-uuu- uce (**** off Steve bruce)
Oh, come on, naseef (**** off Steve bruce)
Oh, come on, wesley (**** off Steve bruce)
Everything is all shite (**** off Steve bruce)

you can thank me later boys.

22 minutes ago, jim said:

Still an unbelievable amount of support for him on social media. 

The mind boggles, it really does.

Why? It's not real opinion, it's divisive and destructive 

We all get old and past it and Bruce shows all the signs. I wouldn't sack him I would send him home on full pay and get someone else in to turn it around ,. Wagner would be an ideal repacent , he's got a plan and a team of people behind him who know what it is. Not saying it should or could be him it's just the style of change we need. UTV 

I’ve said it before, but far too often it looks as though our players have no idea what their team mate is going to do next, particularly when we have the ball. That does not reflect well on the manager and the coaching staff. 

2 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

Sounds bad and I'll probably get shot down but I was gutted when that free kick went in !! I thought we were finally shot of him. 

As much as I hate the clueless spud, wanting villa to lose never comes into the equation. Shameful. It’s Bruce I want to suffer, not AVFC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

Sounds bad and I'll probably get shot down but I was gutted when that free kick went in !! I thought we were finally shot of him. 

I didn't want us to lose, but after finding out we'd equalised I didn't really have any reaction at all. This is how watching Villa is getting for me under Bruce.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Respectfully disagree TRO. How can you be loyal to a manager that provides no direction, no progression, no identity and no system? ....in 2 years of leadership?? I’m all for loyalty but when that loyalty has no substance or logic and stagnates as blind loyalty then I struggle to respect said loyalty. 

You just can't focus on the on field side. Bruce steadied a sinking ship 2 years ago and repaired it. HE took the team from relegation fodder to a play off final. Should we had done better than this? Absolutely. Let's just not underestimate what Bruce has done for the club. 

it's right that we are focussing on the on field concerns, but don't diminish his other good work for the club. It's quite apparent we need a new manager to take this team forward, but we have to identify a better one first.

• Like 2

With financial constraints and no real football plan and infrastructure in place YET, I could see NSWE keeping him in place in August.  (Didn’t agree at all mind you, but could see some plausible logic)  

When they kept him through the international break, I am just about willing to assume financial constraints coupled with not enough time to develop a footballing plan meant they weren’t quite ready to act.  

But at some point, ongoing inaction results in culpability.  If we don’t have a footballing plan yet, it’s past time.  Find a manager you like and let him create and settle on the footballing plan, since you can’t get it done quickly enough.  

NSWE. It’s past time to set a new direction gentlemen.    (See what I did there?)

57 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

I just don't get why we always set up so negative and defensive, stop starting jedinak and start all out attack, bring the beard on after 70 minutes when were 4-1 up!!!!! Simples

Watch the Shef United game and you’ll understand why. 

Im so sick and tired of hearing we are too negative and defensive. Even negative and defensive teams can be effective. 

At the moment we are just shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

Surely defeats and draws are viewed as one and the same at the moment.

We need to win most of the games we play this season, and we havent won in 6 against the worst teams in the league.

• Like 1

Apologies for repeating almost verbatim a post I placed this time last year !!

The subjective stuff about style, entertainment, selection, tactics etc are one thing.

Points return is another.

I accept this Post is really just a long winded way of saying results matter....

Both here and at previous Clubs Bruce gets around 1.6 - 1.8 points per game pretty consistently. 

This pretty much guarantees being in the hunt to go up.

(I think this has saved him a few times already.)

Those responsible for hiring and firing would’ve looked at that and questioned who was available that would top that return ( in effect, whoever came in would have to get pretty much 2 points per game).

Over the last 20 games, ( a reasonable sample size) however, he averages 1.4 points per game. This equates to 64 points which gets about 12th.

Over the last 12 games, equivalent to just over a quarter of a season, he averages 1.25 points per game. This equates to 57 points which puts you in the bottom 9 or 10.

In order to get an Automatic Promotion spot, he now needs to average 2.1 points per game.

Almost 3/4 point per game ( every game) turnaround compared to what has been achieved for a long time. And a better points average than he’s ever had over a long period.

In short, if those running the Club want a shot at Automatic Promotion, the gamble is becoming less about whether a new guy can achieve a better points return than Bruce, than whether there is any likelihood at all of Bruce achieving the turnaround needed for the desired total.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Apologies for repeating almost verbatim a post I placed this time last year !!

The subjective stuff about style, entertainment, selection, tactics etc are one thing.

Points return is another.

I accept this Post is really just a long winded way of saying results matter....

Both here and at previous Clubs Bruce gets around 1.6 - 1.8 points per game pretty consistently. 

This pretty much guarantees being in the hunt to go up.

(I think this has saved him a few times already.)

Those responsible for hiring and firing would’ve looked at that and questioned who was available that would top that return ( in effect, whoever came in would have to get pretty much 2 points per game).

Over the last 20 games, ( a reasonable sample size) however, he averages 1.4 points per game. This equates to 64 points which gets about 12th.

Over the last 12 games, equivalent to just over a quarter of a season, he averages 1.25 points per game. This equates to 57 points which puts you in the bottom 9 or 10.

In order to get an Automatic Promotion spot, he now needs to average 2.1 points per game.

Almost 3/4 point per game ( every game) turnaround compared to what has been achieved for a long time. And a better points average than he’s ever had over a long period.

In short, if those running the Club want a shot at Automatic Promotion, the gamble is becoming less about whether a new guy can achieve a better points return than Bruce, than whether there is any likelihood at all of Bruce achieving the turnaround needed for the desired total.

Good post. Automatic promotion isn’t happening with this squad regardless who’s in charge. We have the odd gem but overall we’re a pretty average team.  We can get playoffs though, even under Bruce.

However a new manager could at least give us some potential hope for the future beyond this season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â