Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

53 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

How long before McGinn's industry and natural enthusiasm is dented by the Bruce grinder. How long before El Ghazi settles for the tempo that Bruce's Villa plays at? This is why I want to see SB gone. He's unwittingly inflicting damage on our squad with the numbing negativity of his brand of football.

Good players with potential become ordinary very quickly under Bruce's 'management'.

A number of our players could be a lot better than our Leeds poster is currently rating them, but I totally understand why Cjay holds his opinion.

Is it a Bruce thing or a Villa thing?  

55 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is quite a key point that people forget. sacking a manager gets rid of one problem but creates another - having no manager whatsoever. the backroom tend to be the manager's and will likely follow him out i.e. agnew + cc. kmac is a proven failure when has been in caretaker charge of this club. so i see bruce's job as being quite safe unless someone became available. the board could speak to their potential targets now but think this constitutes an 'illegal approach'

45 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Unless they have already spoken to their 'targets' before they became actively involved with the club.  ;)

39 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I watched a clip of Purslow discussing approaches for contracted managers and players, and he said that in reality conversations are going on all the time behind the scenes with agents or representatives on the basis of "would your client be interested if we did make an approach"? 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, or it could also be somebody who is currently out of work and available now.

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Throw his toys out of the pram at the first sign of dissension and leave an absolute mess in his wake?

Perhaps.

Or take last seasons 13th placed side who were bottom six of the form table from January, add a left back.

End up top with the 2nd best defence and attack.

Beat Norwich at Carrow Road 3-0 which wasnt matched or bettered last season.

Take 4 points off two of last seasons playoff semi finalists.

Beat pre season money bag favourites.

Shut out a team of giants with a team of midgets. 

And play the best football in the league.

38 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I **** hate this thread. 

Just thought you all needed to know that.

I also dislike this thread and would like nothing more for it to be moved to other football, but however much i dislike it i am finding myself constantly in it looking at all of the posts.

I think its called addiction

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Is it a Bruce thing or a Villa thing?  

Its some.  thing, but its very real.

I am unsure, where the problem is, but the manager has to deal with it....if he can't, we need someone who can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Perhaps.

Or take last seasons 13th placed side who were bottom six of the form table from January, add a left back.

End up top with the 2nd best defence and attack.

Beat Norwich at Carrow Road 3-0 which wasnt matched or bettered last season.

Take 4 points off two of last seasons playoff semi finalists.

Beat pre season money bag favourites.

Shut out a team of giants with a team of midgets. 

And play the best football in the league.

Its september......not May.?

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

I also dislike this thread and would like nothing more for it to be moved to other football, but however much i dislike it i am finding myself constantly in it looking at all of the posts.

I think its called addiction

It gets bumped 600 times a day and it's the same to and fro bollocks, the sooner it's in other football the better, for my own sanity and eye AIDS.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on Grealish. He’s definitely not the finished article. However good managers create situations where their most talented players thrive and develop those players individually too. Grealish won’t develop much when the manager’s main input is to tell him to put his boots. 

Fair point

A good manager would probably get more out of Grealish, make him a better player.

Responsibility on all sides, but buck stops with Bruce 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its september......not May.?

Then why do so many of you want Bruce out now before he has bedded in all these new signings?

If its to early to have a little brag its to early to talk about sackings?

21 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think he'd traumatise our older less mobile players!?

Joking aside, Rodgers, Smith, Wilder, Bielsa etc would take this squad and shake it by the scruff of the neck!

We have good attacking potential and each of the managers mentioned would get far more end product out of players that Bruce cannot get a tune out of.

Agreed.

Defensively i can see why you may struggle.

Attack wise i cant, thats Bruces fault if its his defensive style causing that. 

40 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Form wise can you blame me??

I'm sure they are better then they seem but while Bruce has to take lots of responsibility for whats gone on so do the players imo.

Jack Grealish is meant to be this £30mil player, if thats the case he should be grabbing games by the balls imo.

Regardless of Bruce that much talent should be doing more, cant be entirely his fault.

The fact you can name 5 or 6 Villa players I'll take as a compliment, I can't name you one Leeds player, let alone one I'd rather have at Villa. Tony Yeboah maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

The fact you can name 5 or 6 Villa players I'll take as a compliment, I can't name you one Leeds player, let alone one I'd rather have at Villa. Tony Yeboah maybe? 

Some fans focus exclusively on their own club, with little or no interest in others. Some have a wider interest in football. 

I used to be the latter, but I must admit, I've become much more the former in recent years. 

EDIT: And bear in mind I've lived in Leeds for over forty years! 

Edited by mjmooney

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Then why do so many of you want Bruce out now before he has bedded in all these new signings?

If its to early to have a little brag its to early to talk about sackings?

You could well be right....its all opinions.

3 x 4-0 wins on the bounce, we will be ordering a statue.

I can't wait for Leeds to fall apart again, bored of seeing all this stuff about them on here now. If bielsa was a tactical world beating magician like they seem to  think he wouldn't be this far into his career managing a club like Leeds, there's a reason he's there. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

You could well be right....its all opinions.

3 x 4-0 wins on the bounce, we will be ordering a statue.

True, and if we lose 2 or 3 it will be a crisis.

Very dramatic us football fans.

Personally when Bruce was mentioned for us in the summer i was horrified so can understand those on here wanting him gone.

• Like 1

We've had more Leeds fans on here in the last 3 months than any other sets of visiting fans put together.

I wonder why that is?? Everything must be hunky dory up in Yorkshire that they have nothing to talk about between themselves !!!

Like the ones who were ''advising'' us on administration have disappeared without a trace when we had new owners come in i wonder what will happen when Bruce gets the tin tack which at some time or another (hopefully sooner) he inevitably will?

7 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Prefer JFH myself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But still **** either way and back to square one? got it.  :thumb:

Yes.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make?

Nobody is saying signing JT will make everything alright and we'll all love Bruce again and we're going to get promoted.

Just that it would mean we have two good CBs at the club instead of one. Which is surely a good thing?

15 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Fair point

A good manager would probably get more out of Grealish, make him a better player.

Responsibility on all sides, but buck stops with Bruce 

I want Bruce gone.

But he's produced the best form of Grealish's career. Not sure you can criticise him for Grealish's performances

Â