Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

There's really no better time than now. Two week break, the gap is 5 points and can't afford to get any bigger, 40 games for the new manager to get us promoted etc. Has to be this week.

There’s no better time but it won’t happen, mostly for the reason you said, the gap is only 5 points, we were worse off this time last season and still managed to claw our way up to 2nd, granted it went tits up but if Bruce gets called into a meeting he can highlight this point, the fact only lost 1 game and then suggest the team is stronger this season and all we need is John Terry back and I genuinely think that would convince purslow and the owners to stick with him.

Now I’m not saying I want him here, but I can’t see the bosses making any decision to sack Bruce and I actually don’t think they will all season. 

I will be very very surprised if Bruce gets sacked. 

7 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Didn't Lee Hendrie boff Bruces daughter at some point when he was manager at the sty? Deffo get Hendrie in I say! Far more entertaining than the footy.

<Jean Luc Picard make it so .gif>

<Michael Jackson popcorn eating .gif>

Think he may have done, plus Jade Goody was on his hit list too.

Darren Bent was with Brucies daughter too and possibly still might be?

• Like 1

Bruce needs to go and it has to happen soon. For every guy/girl still supporting him you find 10 who have turned on him. The owners need to either get a proven manager with a style of play we can call the Villa way for years to come or gamble on someone younger more unproven at this level. A quick google search shows alot of great stories with clubs going for young unproven managers. Would love to find the next manager gem,but with our luck we will probably find a young Bruce.

How many times over the last 12 months has he said "Yeah it's my fault we lost, I picked players who weren't fit/tired" - It's been at least 3 times by my count now and seems to be a mistake he makes over and over again. It's all very well being honest but all you're doing is highlighting your own poor judgement, that coupled with the fact that he has allowed us to go into the season with 1 recognised centre back and poor goalkeeping options is tantamount to gross negligence. The sad thing is nothing will change either. Thanks Brucie, you steadied the ship but seem unable to take that step into the 21st century and appear to have lost the plot. Really needs to get gone now...

I said on here on deadline day I thought Bruce was taking a gamble in letting elphick go and that he would again try to persuade the owners to go for JT - it’s now down to the owners whether they see it was a calculated gamble by Bruce and get rid of him or they decide to back him and bring JT back - maybe purslow will strengthen the JT case as he has been at Chelsea for a few years - however as much as I think we need JT back now we are light in defence I would like to see the owners see through Bruce’s gamble and fire him .

• Like 2

I see all the 'love in' for JT.

Let me ask this - If JT miraculously arrives and we have the Chester and JT partnership at CB, all well and good, But what happens when either or both pick up and injury/suspension?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see all the 'love in' for JT.

Let me ask this - If JT miraculously arrives and we have the Chester and JT partnership at CB, all well and good, But what happens when either or both pick up and injury/suspension?

We're slightly less **** than if it had happened without JT.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But still **** either way and back to square one? got it.  :thumb:

You could do that for any position. The way you worded it is as if you're saying JT would make no difference. Having two CBs is better than one. Having three is better than two. No shit!

20 hours ago, TRO said:

That is the crucial point for me.

We are getting turned over by players we would turn our nose up at signing.

That in itself tells a story.

True.

Bruce should be doing better with the players he has.

although not sure how many of yours id want tbh.

Chester.

Grealish, bench player, know you guys rate him lots but i wouldn't drop any of our 3 flair people.

Hourihane maybe but again wouldn't drop Klich for him.

Not to bothered about Bolasie, maybe El Ghazi.

Largely bench players imo for us atm.

19 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

You could do that for any position. The way you worded it is as if you're saying JT would make no difference. Having two CBs is better than one. Having three is better than two. No shit!

Apologies if it came across that way but what I am saying is and don't get me wrong as I am taking nothing away from JT but more the situation that we find ourselves in right now!

Cause let's be honest, there is no guarantee JT will be coming back.

Of course three CBs are better than two etc. and up to a few days ago we had three of them. - One he let's go, the other he plays in a different position which leaves us with one ineffect.

Maybe it's Steve Bruce you need to be explaining the logics too as everyone and their brother can see what an almighty f**k up he has made of our defence and our season so far!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Its the main reason for me having a change of heart.

I genuinely don't like changing managers, i think it creates too much disruption and transition.

The other thing is, I like to know who is coming in, before i get excited.

but i don't think we can go on like this.....lets be honest with ourselves, its not one game, its too many.

as you quite rightly say, his biggest strength, is our teams biggest weakness.

its all very concerning imo.

this is quite a key point that people forget. sacking a manager gets rid of one problem but creates another - having no manager whatsoever. the backroom tend to be the manager's and will likely follow him out i.e. agnew + cc. kmac is a proven failure when has been in caretaker charge of this club. so i see bruce's job as being quite safe unless someone became available. the board could speak to their potential targets now but think this constitutes an 'illegal approach'

Â