Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I have just listened to todays press conference and have to say that it has lifted me up even more than i already was and given me even more hope and excitement for the future. One of the best press conferences to come out of him and VP for a long long time.

All being well there will be three more players to come in.?

It's well worth a listen.

On the agenda today is the 3-1 opening night win at Hull City, the arrivals of Axel Tuanzebe, Ørjan Nyland and John McGinn, as well as Jack Grealish and the manager facing another of his former clubs in Wigan Athletic this weekend.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/08/10/live-steve-bruce-wigan-athletic-press-conference

• Like 1

He seems a happier manager than Ive seen him since he initially took over. Maybe been told he has to work with younger squad has given him a shot in the arm as well or he has been given assurances about his future

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He seems a happier manager than Ive seen him since he initially took over. Maybe been told he has to work with younger squad has given him a shot in the arm as well or he has been given assurances about his future

I imagine the owners fending off Spurs interest to keep Jack shows that they mean business, and is a big boost to morale in the squad and management. I bet they were all expecting him to go, I mean look at the mood on here once it was announced Jack was staying.

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

The cyclical nature of the argument can be a little wearing at times, but doesn’t devalue the argument from either side. Almost 2000 posts ago SB was the manager and still is, so it really isn’t any surprise that criticism and praise stay pretty consistent. Since you and I are regular posters we could both be guilty of fanning the flames!

You make a good point Dave.....and constructive criticism is always a good thing.

but its like a nagging wife at times on here.

He is our manager.....and while he presides in that seat I will support him, that means constructive criticism yes, nit picking no.

I am not going to change your view on him any more than Bruce himself will be influenced on how to run a football team.....We all have our views.

There are things I disagree with right now.....In advance of anymore signings I don't think we are strong enough for our aspirations and that is taking in to consideration the retention of Jack and James.

but what is the point of us all keep whingeing at some point we have to get behind the whole thing.

Â