Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Its quite simple. This IS the season.

He is either still the manager at the end of the season and in which case its been a success. Great we are all happy as we've been promoted..

Or he has failed and gets the sack.

Its black and white.

I reckon he’ll get the sack regardless. But we’ll save that conversation for later in the season. 

• Haha 2

Ultimately, if we keep picking up wins and don’t go on losing runs or too many embarrassing defeats (being outplayed) then there won’t be too much complaining.

Many/most of us have just been desperate for promotion and have become frustrated when that hasn’t looked likely. I don’t think there has been much personal abuse aimed at Bruce, it is frustration and disappointment more than anything else.

We’d all like attractive, attacking and exciting football but the main thing we want is to win enough games to get promoted. And preferably via the automatic route rather than the drama and distress of the playoffs!

I think we should put negativity aside (at least for now) and just look forward to the season and be optimistic. Things are certainly looking a lot better than they were.

If we get results and show some consistency then most of us will be happy. On the other hand, if we keep losing games and getting outplayed or embarrassed then there will be criticism and it will be justified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ultimately, if we keep picking up wins and don’t go on losing runs or too many embarrassing defeats (being outplayed) then there won’t be too much complaining.

Many/most of us have just been desperate for promotion and have become frustrated when that hasn’t looked likely. I don’t think there has been much personal abuse aimed at Bruce, it is frustration and disappointment more than anything else.

We’d all like attractive, attacking and exciting football but the main thing we want is to win enough games to get promoted. And preferably via the automatic route rather than the drama and distress of the playoffs!

I think we should put negativity aside (at least for now) and just look forward to the season and be optimistic. Things are certainly looking a lot better than they were.

If we get results and show some consistency then most of us will be happy. On the other hand, if we keep losing games and getting outplayed or embarrassed then there will be criticism and it will be justified.

We must remember, every team wants to win....We have to have 11 players competing and winning there personal battle....and there are just 2 places for Auto promotion, so no room for off days.

We also need to remember, there are no guarantee's.....Man city and Liverpool can't both win the league, despite Liverpools massive outlay.

Its a grind and the team who applies themselves to the task best....wins.

I thought last season we Looked like a 4th placed team and in too many games played like it......I want us to play like we believe we can win this league.

• Like 1

Our squad still baffles me. We have four keepers but four centre-backs (includes Micah who doesn't have a squad number) and might be playing three at the back. We have one left-back but four right-backs. We have about 16 CMs.

Please move at least one keeper, one right-back and two CMs on before loan window closes, thanks. Also can we please pay somebody money to take McCormack.

EDIT: Steer has gone Charlton, nice.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

35 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

The Ultimate Trip. Let the awe and mystery of a journey unlike any other begin. An epic drama of adventure and exploration.

giphy.gif

I saw the original! I lold at your bold 2000 picture appearing on page 2001. Nice 2001 pic though.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool.

Be interesting to see if the olive branch is still there should we lose to Wigan tomorrow.

That'll most likely depend on the manner of the defeat. Having said that, our objective should be the same as last years, e.g. promotion, preferably automatic. As long as we stay on course for that, I would presume most fans are at least satisfied, if not happy, irrespective of the football we play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve said many times before Bruce isn’t going to win fans over with the way the team plays.

But as long as the team keep winning games I doubt many would care. 

This.   Stay in the top two all season, and i wouldn't care about the rubbish football at all.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

We must remember, every team wants to win....We have to have 11 players competing and winning there personal battle....and there are just 2 places for Auto promotion, so no room for off days.

We also need to remember, there are no guarantee's.....Man city and Liverpool can't both win the league, despite Liverpools massive outlay.

I thought last season we Looked like a 4th placed team and in too many games played like it......I want us to play like we believe we can win this league.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool.

Be interesting to see if the olive branch is still there should we lose to Wigan tomorrow.

:bang:

Well, from my point of view I will be away with work, so at least a week's grace is available from me.   ? 

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Our squad still baffles me. We have four keepers but four centre-backs (includes Micah who doesn't have a squad number) and might be playing three at the back. We have one left-back but four right-backs. We have about 16 CMs.

Please move at least one keeper, one right-back and two CMs on before loan window closes, thanks. Also can we please pay somebody money to take McCormack.

EDIT: Steer has gone Charlton, nice.

seems like you're wish has come true.....Jed steer likely to go to Charlton.

but I share your concern...we have 5 keepers, 9 Defenders ( not counting Richards) 10 midfielders and 4 forwards ( not counting McCormack)....The latter is dangerously low.

at the moment too much reliance on Jimmy Danger.....we have 4 strikers and 2 are inexperienced and 1 injured......I hope SB has plans to remedy this.....I am dismissing McCormack altogether.

This needs major priority.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

You make a good point Dave.....and constructive criticism is always a good thing.

but its like a nagging wife at times on here.

He is our manager.....and while he presides in that seat I will support him, that means constructive criticism yes, nit picking no.

I am not going to change your view on him any more than Bruce himself will be influenced on how to run a football team.....We all have our views.

There are things I disagree with right now.....In advance of anymore signings I don't think we are strong enough for our aspirations and that is taking in to consideration the retention of Jack and James.

but what is the point of us all keep whingeing at some point we have to get behind the whole thing.

I think some of the whinging is cathartic and rooted in frustration. Plus we’re talking about the football team we love, so whilst we may be balanced and rational in all other aspects of our lives, at some point in our football world we may just want to enjoy a damn good tantrum. And as the father of a 4 year old I know what they look like!

I think that this season very much depends on building on the momentum we’ve gained from the new owners, keeping our best players and a winning start. If we get points on the board early then we won’t be playing catch up like we were last season and we can afford the small set backs that will inevitably come. 

However if the new guys identify a manager that they think is capable of overseeing whatever future vision they have for us, then I believe they’ll pull the trigger. And I think to a large extent, that will be regardless of how well we are doing. Of course if and when they find this manager, we have played 12 won 12 then that may make the trigger finger wobble!

Either way the team and Bruce will have my support, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be critical if I think there’s something to be critical of. On here criticism is largely inconsequential, poor support eg booing etc at the game, is and always will be a big NO for me. UTV!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think some of the whinging is cathartic and rooted in frustration. Plus we’re talking about the football team we love, so whilst we may be balanced and rational in all other aspects of our lives, at some point in our football world we may just want to enjoy a damn good tantrum. And as the father of a 4 year old I know what they look like!

I think that this season very much depends on building on the momentum we’ve gained from the new owners, keeping our best players and a winning start. If we get points on the board early then we won’t be playing catch up like we were last season and we can afford the small set backs that will inevitably come. 

However if the new guys identify a manager that they think is capable of overseeing whatever future vision they have for us, then I believe they’ll pull the trigger. And I think to a large extent, that will be regardless of how well we are doing. Of course if and when they find this manager, we have played 12 won 12 then that may make the trigger finger wobble!

Either way the team and Bruce will have my support, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be critical if I think there’s something to be critical of. On here criticism is largely inconsequential, poor support eg booing etc at the game, is and always will be a big NO for me. UTV!

Fair comment Dave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He seems a happier manager than Ive seen him since he initially took over. Maybe been told he has to work with younger squad has given him a shot in the arm as well or he has been given assurances about his future

Has he been told to work with a younger squad?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Agree completely, but would add that the team won’t believe until they see that the manager does.  And his tactics indicate he does not, no matter what he may say in press or locker room.  Hoping the new owners insisted that he change and the Hull performance may have demonstrated a small shift at least.  Fingers crossed.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has he been told to work with a younger squad?

He has literally said things like "Regarding Terry, that won't be happening, the owners want young and hungry players with something to prove, that is their vision"

Soooo

Â