Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know i'm petty sometimes but not to the level of making things up for effect.

When I can find the direct link I will post.

EDIT: LINK FOUND https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-aston-villa-reward-key-14987232

Cripes, I wasn’t suggesting you were making things up, I just wanted to see the story as I had missed it as I suspect many others had!

Thanks for the link. ?

Not sure I totally agree with the new owners though. Snodders and Terry were two of our best players last season and seemed to inspire some of the younger players to better. They both looked like they had a lot of desire and things to prove. 

Young and hungry.., Hmm, I seem to have heard that phrase somewhere before and it didn’t work out so great.

However, if it indicates our owners’ desire to build gradually by establishing a young squad and letting them.grow, rather than splashing the cash to try to buy instant success, that is a good sign. Patience is an important part of the approach they favour, though.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure I totally agree with the new owners though. Snodders and Terry were two of our best players last season and seemed to inspire some of the younger players to better. They both looked like they had a lot of desire and things to prove. 

Young and hungry.., Hmm, I seem to have heard that phrase somewhere before and it didn’t work out so great.

However, if it indicates our owners’ desire to build gradually by establishing a young squad and letting them.grow, rather than splashing the cash to try to buy instant success, that is a good sign. Patience is an important part of the approach they favour, though.

I do agree in part. I do worry about younger players coming and handling the pressure. So the balance has ti be right. Snods for me would be in sense of experience and what he brings to the dressing room.

I have no doubt in my mind of he was available for a loan he would come here in a  heart beat. He loved it here

• Like 1

I agree with young and hungry. I know it didn't work out under Lambert, but I believe the circumstances are different this time. Firstly, we're in the championship this time around so this approach will be more forgiving if we do get the occasional dud as the quality here is lower. Secondly, if we do this incrementally then it won't imbalance the team as much as it did when we had the heart of our team ripped up in the prem. I think it's a prudent approach for where we are and where we want to be.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jareth said:

Page 3000 is going to be amazing, we'll have qualified for champions league and just turned down a £200 million offer for Jack from Real.

I was thinking about this, roughly how far into the future could we potentially hit page 3,000. I had estimated maybe on average 40 pages a week are generated based on the times avoiding this thread and jumping to the last page when I have eventually taken the plunge, which would take us to mid Feb maybe, but a slightly more accurate prediction - 

Thread started - 11/10/2016, Friday’s Date - 10/08/2018, thats 669 days divide 2,000 by 669 gives you 2.989 pages a day (which is astonishing, nearly 60 post a day 20.923 pages a week, just over half of my predicted 40 above) 1,000 divide by 2.989 equals 334.56 days to achieve the magical 3,000 if the average is maintained which would bring us to Thursday 11th July 2019.

I guess we would be talking about “can he do it with us in the Prem or not” and the same arguments rather than Champions League qualification

2 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

I was thinking about this, roughly how far into the future could we potentially hit page 3,000. I had estimated maybe on average 40 pages a week are generated based on the times avoiding this thread and jumping to the last page when I have eventually taken the plunge, which would take us to mid Feb maybe, but a slightly more accurate prediction - 

Thread started - 11/10/2016, Friday’s Date - 10/08/2018, thats 669 days divide 2,000 by 669 gives you 2.989 pages a day (which is astonishing, nearly 60 post a day 20.923 pages a week, just over half of my predicted 40 above) 1,000 divide by 2.989 equals 334.56 days to achieve the magical 3,000 if the average is maintained which would bring us to Thursday 11th July 2019.

I guess we would be talking about “can he do it with us in the Prem or not” and the same arguments rather than Champions League qualification

I bet I can predict the content of most of those pages!

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce is going to get pelters for the line up if we don’t win this. 

And so he should, everyone knows jedinek can’t play centre back made mistakes last season when he played him there, it’s not like we don’t have any centre backs available he’s playing one at right back and Elphick on the bench.

This just proves why I wanted him gone when the new owners came in 

• Like 1

Â