Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Superbly pied James Nursey in the pre match presser!! Bruce let slip that Steer has gone on loan to Charlton, and said to Nursey ‘that’s a real exclusive, not the tittle tattle you’ve been writing’ or something similar ?

? I enjoyed that, he deserves a lot worse tbf, what an absolute clown & shit stirrer. Zero integrity.

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

OK, my bad. Sorry. lets all keep fighting then. ? 

I would HAPPILY go along with your suggestion of being positive and leaving the Bruce digs out etc etc

But it won't be me popping up at full time on Saturday because we only won 2-0 with 51% possession moaning because we're not playing like Barcelona and Bruce didn't wave at the crowd properly and he made a substitution 1 minute too late ;) 

39 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Superbly pied James Nursey in the pre match presser!! Bruce let slip that Steer has gone on loan to Charlton, and said to Nursey ‘that’s a real exclusive, not the tittle tattle you’ve been writing’ or something similar ?

That was excellent!

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

? I enjoyed that, he deserves a lot worse tbf, what an absolute clown & shit stirrer. Zero integrity.

On the contrary, I think he has shown great loyalty. Faithfully copying out everything Spurs told him to. ? 

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I would HAPPILY go along with your suggestion of being positive and leaving the Bruce digs out etc etc

But it won't be me popping up at full time on Saturday because we only won 2-0 with 51% possession moaning because we're not playing like Barcelona and Bruce didn't wave at the crowd properly and he made a substitution 1 minute too late ;) 

Which has never happened. Stop being hysterical. ?

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Lets all meet up on page 2000

Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown?

Say say two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's nineteen ninety-nine

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

:D 

Ha Ha, Nicely done Bruce and well done for keeping it classy, would have been very easy to look back to the camera and add "you clearing in the woods" at the end of that sentence. 

*edit* I am actually surprised that Nursery has the nerve to show his face at a Villa press conference. Literally no shame. Boooooooo. Nursery OUT!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Can’t agree.

I don’t see how it’s “ obvious” either way.

There is only one person on the planet that knows for sure how much, or how little, a part Bruce played.

Could ve been nothing whatsoever to do with him, could’ve been a lot.

How can you know how much Jacks approach ( no fuss, no written transfer request, no sulk or hangover - if that’s what happens- ) was influenced by his relationship with Bruce ? On the other hand ( less likely in my view but just as unknown) how do we know he might not have been even more dead set Against a move if his relationship had been better....or pushed much more if it was worse.

Weve no idea. Ultimately it was a fee based outcome, but there’s always other elements.

But to @Stevo985 point it’s certainky true that, whilst some see no fault in Bruce no matter what, the balance is much further the other way on here in that he is far less likely to get credit where due from those who don’t want him/ don’t like him.

And that’s odd to me, because since he’s our Manager I’d always prefer to give him credit wherever possible, whatever I thought about him.

Terry, I cannot speak for everyone but as someone who has been identified as a 'pro-Bruce' supporter (if we're going down the route of categorisation) I'd like to refute this.

It's been my biggest bugbear on here and it's why I've sometimes felt a need to defend the man so much.

I, and I believe everyone else can see his faults, I've lost track of the amount of times I've had to state that yes, he's seemingly limited tactically, that yes, he often makes substitutions I don't agree with, that yes, sometimes we appear to go long a little too often.

It's the complete and utter refusal by the 'out brigade' to acknowledge all of the good things he's achieved that winds me up and it's why I've perhaps gone OTT in my defence of him at times. The absolute stance of success vs failure based on a single outcome (i.e. promotion or not) is galling for me personally, given the state we were in when he joined.

Anyway, not looking to open up old wounds but I don't think it's fair to say that anyone on here sees no fault in him no matter what, I believe it's quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

:D 

actually, this is quite funny and on form 

over to the next post for the magic 2000

Edited by imavillan

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Say say two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's nineteen ninety-nine

Garn.. Beat me to it! 

• Haha 1

Well that's the thing.

If you are critical of anything you are at once labeled as a hater who only sees the bad things and never any good.

It goes both ways.

Even the things that Bruce himself has confessed to getting wrong was labeled as being negative for the sake of it these 2 seasons when anyone brought them up.

Anyway, new season, new owners, new chance.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Joe Bryan unwittingly highlighted this sentiment when he explained why he chose Fulham over Villa. He said he admired and understood Jokanovic's clearly defined attack orientated system, and he knew that the way they'd played over the last couple of seasons would make the best use of his particular talent. He knew he'd fit right in.

He obviously couldn't say the same about Villa, because after two years Steve Bruce is still scratching his head and trying to come up with a formation and system that will get the best out of our players.

In the end there wasn't much between Fulham and Villa last season points wise, but there was a gulf in class when you looked at the organisation of the football being played.  It came down to one team having a clearly defined plan, and the other team making it up as they went along.

I hope Bruce can get more out of our squad this season, by coaching a settled system that becomes our instinctive identity.

Clearly defined attacking style or not fulham only won 1 more league game than us last season & only scored 7 more goals. If he thinks that they are going to play the same way in the premier league every week he is very much mistaken as they will be torn to pieces.

• Like 1

Its quite simple. This IS the season.

He is either still the manager at the end of the season and in which case its been a success. Great we are all happy as we've been promoted..

Or he has failed and gets the sack.

Its black and white.

• Like 1

Â