6 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Gerard Houllier = P36 W14 D8 L14 Points = 50
Alex McLeish P42 W9 D17 L16 Points = 44
Paul Lambert P115 W34 D26 L55 Points = 128
Tim Sherwood P23 W10 D2 L16 Points = 32
Remi Garde P23 W3 D7 L13 Points = 16
Eric Black  P7 W0 D1 L6   Points = 1
RDM P12 W1 D7 L4  Points = 10

Out of pure curiosity, who, out of the above managers, do you think would have been most successful with the Doctors dollar? 

(It's Sunday and I'm feeling feisty!)

My money is on Remi.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Out of pure curiosity, who, out of the above managers, do you think would have been most successful with the Doctors dollar? 

My money is on Remi.

I think lambert would do well with money. Think it's a good appointment for Wolves! Also, agree with garde and houllier too. Good question though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

My money is on Remi.

A lot of rubbish I wouldn't want to give money to. But probably Houllier from that awful list. 

Houllier was the best out of those lot, even though he kinda got saved by Bent. At least he used him effectively and got the best out of him. 

I'd have actually really liked to have seen McAlister given an opportunity before we brought in Lambert to be honest. 2 away wins against Liverpool and Arsenal is some going. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Houllier.

I think he would have built a good team here

Houllier or Lambo for me. 

Lambert had an eye for a player, he just wasn't backed and it doesn't matter how good your eye is when your spending less than £3-4m on most of your players. 

Houllier would have been the best bet though I reckon. 

The last time Villa took 11 points from 5 games was way back in November 2009 when they got 13 from a run of 5. 

Before yesterday Villa had not come back from behind to win a league game for 23 months. 

I'm not bowled over by Bruce I just think he's an experienced head who has got us better organised and getting the basics ok. The belief is slowly coming back just because we are not so brittle. Just long may it continue really. 

• Like 2

International week has come at a good time imo. I know thats an odd thing to say as it ruins our momentum. However, Amavi Kodjia picking up knocks.. Adomah carrying an injury.. gives Gabby and McCormack a bit more time to get fit.. 2 more weeks with Bruce and his new coaching staff..  Assistant manager suppose to be sorted this week. Also the good feeling that we have isnt ruined if we lose to Brighton.. at least we have this good feeling and confidence will grow over 2 weeks.. by the time the game comes around they will be desperate to get out there and full of confidence. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I'm not bowled over by Bruce I just think he's an experienced head who has got us better organised and getting the basics ok. The belief is slowly coming back just because we are not so brittle. Just long may it continue really. 

Thing is, that is exactly what we need and its needs must at the moment. I actually think Bruce could do well here given time and money. At the moment he is earining himself both of those commodities.

9 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

The last time Villa took 11 points from 5 games was way back in November 2009 when they got 13 from a run of 5. 

Before yesterday Villa had not come back from behind to win a league game for 23 months. 

Bruce reminds me of when fat sam went Sunderland this is exactly what we need right now. experienced head.

If he continues like this wont be long until england start calling

10 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

10 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I'm not bowled over by Bruce . 

Consider me well and truly skittled ;)

Nt: 

I'm not even sure if skittled is a real word :P

On 11/6/2016 at 07:41, Demitri_C said:

This is what is key for me, we are not playing well but winning games,signs of a good team. give me that over playing well and conceding late goals to drae like di matteo any day!

she was in the sporanos!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KSV said:

International week has come at a good time imo. I know thats an odd thing to say as it ruins our momentum. However, Amavi Kodjia picking up knocks.. Adomah carrying an injury.. gives Gabby and McCormack a bit more time to get fit.. 2 more weeks with Bruce and his new coaching staff..  Assistant manager suppose to be sorted this week. Also the good feeling that we have isnt ruined if we lose to Brighton.. at least we have this good feeling and confidence will grow over 2 weeks.. by the time the game comes around they will be desperate to get out there and full of confidence. 

Mccormack is banned for Brighton game I think so that wont make a difference to him!

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I like the fact he is willing to play both Gardner and Grealish. We need a core of home grown players.

And Baker. Worcester lad, came up through the academy. 

A hallmark of a Steve Bruce side is that siege mentality. He described his Blues side as being like a bunch of swash buckling pirates and the players that seemed to have performed best for him over the years have not necessarily been the big money signings but the scrappy, no nonsense head on the block players like Baker.

Grealish obviously has a naughty side too him as well, as fans we should embrace that rather than see it as a negative. Ayew is another one. I will take the occasional red card in exchange for them having a bit of fire in the belly. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And Baker. Worcester lad, came up through the academy. 

A hallmark of a Steve Bruce side is that siege mentality. He described his Blues side as being like a bunch of swash buckling pirates and the players that seemed to have performed best for him over the years have not necessarily been the big money signings but the scrappy, no nonsense head on the block players like Baker.

Grealish obviously has a naughty side too him as well, as fans we should embrace that rather than see it as a negative. Ayew is another one. I will take the occasional red card in exchange for them having a bit of fire in the belly. 

Love a bit of devilment in a player....remember David Speedie.

I liked Robbie Savage too. ( as a player)

I like that bit of impishness.

Â