Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

From what I'm reading (as per usual not able to watch the actual games on telly or stream) it isn't pretty, but it's working.

We're getting points on the board, and that's all we can ask for until the transfer window opens.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

11 points from 15. Very happy so far. Keep it going Bruce!

When was the last time we did that?

Wouldn't be overly concerned yet about the fact it's not pretty to watch. Give him a transfer window or two and then see. I thought hull were very tidy at times with huddlestone and Livermore. What's impressive is that he's getting results with essentially another man's team. Kudos .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

First time we've won a league game from a losing position since the home match against Leicester in December 2014.

You will have to jog my memory on that one please. Were Izzet, Heskey, Lennon and Savage in that side...?

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

You will have to jog my memory on that one please. Were Izzet, Heskey, Lennon and Savage in that side...?

It wasn't quite that long ago! Although our goals were scored by Clark and Hutton.

Strangely it was also the last time we went 5 unbeaten, coming from behind to win being the 5th match in that series.  We lost the next one away at West Brom.  I've no idea the last time we went 6 without losing.  That must have been under John Gregory.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I think you're a decade out mate.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Last Villa manager to get 11 points from 5 games was Martin O'Neill, who got 13 points from 5 between November 28 and December 19, 2009.

Chris Almighty...

Wow. 

Â