Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Last Villa manager to get 11 points from 5 games was Martin O'Neill, who got 13 points from 5 between November 28 and December 19, 2009.

Chris Almighty...

im sure some of our managers since then havent even got to 13 points :P

• Like 2

1st half was really poor and we started more positive in 2nd half and then conceded a stupid goal. after that we showed some heart and fight which is very unVilla but its a good sign at least

I think its good we are unbeaten and winning games without actually playing really well at the moment

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think its good we are unbeaten and winning games without actually playing really well at the moment

This is what is key for me, we are not playing well but winning games,signs of a good team. give me that over playing well and conceding late goals to drae like di matteo any day!

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

We would be in the top 3 or 4 no doubt about it.

I agree completely, I wouldn't even rule out being 2nd. Bruce is doing excellently, and the frightening thing for the teams in this league is, we are not even playing well yet. If Bruce gets them playing some teams are going to get a pasting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

im sure some of our managers since then havent even got to 13 points :P

Gerard Houllier = P36 W14 D8 L14 Points = 50
Alex McLeish P42 W9 D17 L16 Points = 44
Paul Lambert P115 W34 D26 L55 Points = 128
Tim Sherwood P23 W10 D2 L16 Points = 32
Remi Garde P23 W3 D7 L13 Points = 16
Eric Black  P7 W0 D1 L6   Points = 1
RDM P12 W1 D7 L4  Points = 10

I have included cup games as I dont have time to separate them out.

So yes, in just 5 games he has won more points than Black and RDM, and is hot on the heels of Remi 

60% win percentage :o

I think Bruce has come in and shored things up got us winning again without really getting us playing good football all over the pitch although we are scoring which counts the most, but the overall improvement in quality will come later. It can be argued we are still top heavy, Jed and Gardener are playing well but they alone won't get us through the season, we need new players and to get Tish on the pitch.

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

First time we've won a league game from a losing position since the home match against Leicester in December 2014.

as you say, gradually he is knocking down the adverse claims against us.

slowly, slowly catch a monkey.

impressive clip in the " People" from Neil Moxley.....claiming Bruce has a free hand in Jan....or words to that effect.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Gerard Houllier = P36 W14 D8 L14 Points = 50
Alex McLeish P42 W9 D17 L16 Points = 44
Paul Lambert P115 W34 D26 L55 Points = 128
Tim Sherwood P23 W10 D2 L16 Points = 32
Remi Garde P23 W3 D7 L13 Points = 16
Eric Black  P7 W0 D1 L6   Points = 1
RDM P12 W1 D7 L4  Points = 10

I have included cup games as I dont have time to separate them out.

So yes, in just 5 games he has won more points than Black and RDM, and is hot on the heels of Remi 

60% win percentage :o

Second to none 

Â