Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I said it in the reactions thread and I'll say it here too - today was the first game in a long time that I wasn't worried about conceding late on. He's improved the organisation and concentration by leaps and bounds.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 2

Tactics wrong first half...McCormack is not a lone forward and I think Jack really struggles to get into things centrally...at this stage he's better drifting infield from the left. He had good games in the premier league playing there after all.

We were actually playing o.k when we went behind and just pleasing to win a game after going behind...23 months since we last did that.

We are slowly creeping up the table and have a much more solid look from back to front. That will do for now.

Glad he's got a song. It's felt a bit spikey picking up points and unbeaten but not really acknowledged. 

Feel like we have jumped a hurdle in the Bruce acceptance steeplechase. 

BRUCE IS UNBEATABLE 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Have to say at 0-1 I was thinking the worst and wanting to rave about the borefest that we are. However, to my surprise, we turned it around so once again, with regards Bruce, I have zero complaints.

Me too.  But we clearly came out second half with much more oomph. 

Bruce said on the radio that he would have needed a one hour interview to explain what we were doing wrong in the first half and not a 30 second one like he had. 

I have lost count of the number of times I have said to the bloke next to me or thought myself that this half time talk was the time for x manager to earn his corn,  only for the 2nd half to be the same or worse. 

I forgot we now have a manager who can look at what's going on and see issues and know how to solve them. I just expect what's happening in front of me to continue and repeat,  it's almost inconceivable to think that the manager might change something to make it better. 

But he did . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Unbeaten in 5 with 3 of those being wins. I belieeeeeeve

Still way too early to judge. I will start assessing him after 15-20 games + the January Window, obviously. 

Am i happy with his start? Not with the performances, but with the results. Am I convinced he is the right man for the job? Not yet, too early to judge.

Time will tell, let's hope he will become good.

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Last Villa manager to get 11 points from 5 games was Martin O'Neill, who got 13 points from 5 between November 28 and December 19, 2009.

Chris Almighty...

Having just told my son this stat when enquiring with him what the bloody hell he is still doing up at 12.15 am I had a double take on it. 

The fact in itself is astonishing,  but when you add he's done it in his very first 5 games in charge with no run at it, with a squad he had no input into assembling,  and were in a right bloody mess when he got here it really is an absolute miracle. 

Anyone who would have predicted this day 1 would have been laughed out of town. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Glad he's got a song. It's felt a bit spikey picking up points and unbeaten but not really acknowledged. 

Feel like we have jumped the birch in the Bruce acceptance steeplechase.

BRUCE IS UNBEATABLE 

Fixed for you my friend.

- You don't have hurdles in a steeplechase  ;)

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fixed for you my friend.

- You don't have hurdles in a steeplechase  ;)

We're Aston Villa.  We call athletics obstacles what we like 

• Like 3

Â