Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Absolutely brilliant to watch this Villa team at times now. Fitness was a huge issue under RDM and it cost us so many points yet it never improved. Bruce mentioned it after his first game and did it was an easy fix. Speaks volumes for his experience and ability to address issues as tonight Villa were tireless. Absolutely night and day from pre-Bruce in a short period of time. 

Hopefully the doubters can realise the good he's doing. He's never got the good rep he deserves. If he was Portuguese and handsome and did the exact same jobs he's done previously I suspect he'd have been given a shot with a club chasing European football but he's not fashionable and some (too many) people focus on that rather than his ability. He's not the messiah but he's smart enough to see what the majority of the fans see and whilst I think Gabby is lucky to get another chance I appreciate Bruce's reasoning and I also feel comfortable that if Gabby abuses Bruce's trust he won't remain in the team or squad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's nice when a player comes off the bench and it's the one you thought might come off the bench and he's replacing the one that you thought he might replace - and you haven't got to try and figure out the formation or where players are going following the change - it's nice to look at the team and think, yeah, he plays there, in the position that he's playing in - it's just good, sensible stuff.

I like it.

It's been a while. 

This.

How long has it been since the manager had a clear plan that fans could see. Not putting round pegs in square holes..... seems the players are enjoying it too judging by results and team effort etc.

A question for anyone....

Have we conceded in the last 15 minutes under Bruce? (Think the scums goal was the latest scored so far)

• Like 1

I'm impressed.

• 6 games unbeaten
  • substitutions when they are needed for who they are needed
  • A clear attacking intent in our tactics, formations and players used/subbed
  • Cohesion. The players know their roles and - more importantly - the roles of those around them.
  • Jedinak. Westwood. Grealish. Baker. Amavi. Adomah. Agbonlahor (arguably). Is there a player that isn't playing better since Bruce started?

Long may it continue

• Like 3

My concern is how some other sides above us seem to be scoring relatively easily and we rarely score more than 1 goal in a game. Only once scoring 3. We have a lot of attacking players.. and we seem to be creating chances.. so what's the problem?

10 minutes ago, KSV said:

My concern is how some other sides above us seem to be scoring relatively easily and we rarely score more than 1 goal in a game. Only once scoring 3. We have a lot of attacking players.. and we seem to be creating chances.. so what's the problem?

Hopefully it'd coming. I've maintained that once we start taking our chances some teams are going to take a pasting. 

Bruce's claret and blue army . 

40 minutes ago, KSV said:

I think thus far it has been about getting the basics right and making us solid, once to confidence is up, and the team is more settled we will possibly be on fire. I think a serious performance is coming in the next game or two!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully it'd coming. I've maintained that once we start taking our chances some teams are going to take a pasting. 

Bruce's claret and blue army . 

Genuinely think it could be our next game.

• Like 1

Don't think there are many managers who would've had the impact Bruce has had. Some of the names mentioned, in particular the names mentioned by those who moaned at Bruce, wouldn't have got us 6 unbeaten. No chance.

Stripped us back to basics, hard work, closing down, solid base and difficult to beat. With the quality of our attacking players, we are always likely to create or score the odd chance.

very happy and confident with Bruce in charge and for the future under him. If we don't go up this year (that would all be on RDM) then I'd be more than confident of going up next year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Genuinely think it could be our next game.

Hope so mate. But Neil warlock teams usually don't take a pounding. I think it may likely be against Wigan or a burton Albion team if it were to happen

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hope so mate. But Neil warlock teams usually don't take a pounding. I think it may likely be against Wigan or a burton Albion team if it were to happen

Wouldn't it be great to do it away at Leeds. Absolutely horrible club. Had a Leeds supporting mate text me last night saying 'Brighton were awful, you still struggled.... If that was against us, then it would've been 4/5-0 leeds'. I wanna win there just for this one prick!

• Like 1

I was concerned about last night's game. I thought that, with some of our players being away, with having that continuity broken up, with playing away at the team lying second in the league with a chance of going top if they'd won, with that team also having won their last 5 games with a 5-0 pasting of Norwich, I thought that this would be too big a test for us. We played (arguably) the best football we've seen this season and looked solid at the back. We closed and chased opponents from start to end and were unlucky not to win the game. 

Unbeaten in 6 games is something I never envisaged for Bruce's first 6 games. I didn't think that was possible with these players this season. It just goes to show what a fantastic job the manager has done so far and I am really glad that he is our manager right now because if he was managing another team in this league we would be finishing another place lower. 

Keep it going Stevie! :flag:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KSV said:

There are 3 answers to that question

1) Midfield 2)midfield and 3)midfield

I will be flabbergasted if we don't bring in probably 2 midfielders in January. 

• Like 1

Â