Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

What are you expecting away gainst the team who are currently the 2nd/3rd best team, in the league? Objectively it's one of the toughest fixtures and more likely to lose than others. On paper of course. I think we CAN win of course but a point would also be a decent result. And if we lose narrowly it'll be disappointing as it always is but not a disaster.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not a big fan of what he's said in the media regarding the timing of tomorrow's game. hoping it's just to take the pressure off the players but it won't be an excuse in my book.

He was asked a direct question and said yeah, it's frustrating. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rodders said:

What are you expecting away gainst the team who are currently the 2nd/3rd best team, in the league? Objectively it's one of the toughest fixtures and more likely to lose than others. On paper of course. I think we CAN win of course but a point would also be a decent result. And if we lose narrowly it'll be disappointing as it always is but not a disaster.

Depends on what individuals league expectations are really!

If Brighton win its very unlikely we will be able to catch them, so if anyone has any hopes of automatic promotion a loss would be very harmful.

A draw would be fine

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Maybe poaching Hughtons Assist. Man. is enough to completely derail them for the rest of the season, if that were the case, we could gift-wrap them the 3 pts for all I care

Im sure there is a gift shop managers position with Rafas name on it if he wants.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Can I just say for the first time in almost half a decade I actually look forward to watching our team play, and I have Brucey and Xia to thank for that. I've become so used to watching half-arsed players play a tactically poor game plan, for a manager that really doesn't have a clue. It's so refreshing to have a manager I actually respect in both a personal and professional context and actually has the required credentials to manage a club such as this. I almost feel as if I forgot the feeling of watching a team with an actual identity with players that have a suited role within that system. Really enjoying all the positivity coming out of the dressing room at the moment and we actually have players I actually really enjoy watching (Ayew, Kodjia, Chester ect)....and i still feel this team hasn't even gotten out of third gear. Apologies for the optimism out the blue, but i'm off to Brighton this afternoon and for once i'm in a really good mood for the football and thought i'd share. 

1pm - optimistic on way to game

9.30pm - villa get pumped

haha

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good post and we need more posts like this. The positive vibes from the fans reflects on the club, manager and players. We are finally turned the corner (even if we lose tonight no shame) and its great to have our Aston Villa back. Xia made a mistake hiring RDM he didnt mess about removed him and replaced him with a much more experienced and better manager. 

Here here, and you Carew! Really looking forward to tonight! Come on boys!

I'm under no illusions... i dont expect a win.... but one would be nice, and we are in with a chance thanks Brucey. I have hope and excitement, and like you boys have said. I'll say that again... hope and excitement. loving it, come on Villa! 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 3

Served up some more of his dull uninspiring football again. Also completely out thought by one of those young progressive managers who has got his team on fire at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Looking like an absolutely top drawer manager so far.  We look fitter, more solid, and more comfortable on the ball than we have since O'Neill.

I'm suitably impressed so far.  Keep it up!

How any villa fan can complain about bripucie I will never know, absolutely fantastic performance today

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Served up some more of his dull uninspiring football again. Also completely out thought by one of those young progressive managers who has got his team on fire at the moment. 

What were you watching. That 2nd half was the best half of football i've seen villa play this season. We did everything but score, Stockdale saved them.

• Like 2

Fantastic start under him. Has a system, knows his players, knows how to implement what he wants.

Still unsure about this Gabby thing, but I'll continue to back Bruce while he's getting us playing this this and getting results.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cool story.

Â