Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The pioneers of competitive football and you ask me ,what has history and tradition got to do with anything ? Dear me .

What, is this our equivalent of 'The Aston Villa Way'? Are we really that **** sad? 

Besides, were we not competitive? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The pioneers of competitive football and you ask me ,what has history and tradition got to do with anything ? Dear me .

Yes I ask what that has to do with anything. History is just that history. It's great that we've got it, but it has no relevance about the point on Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Steve Bruce thread? Right?

had he been appointed instead of

1 McShit

2 Shitwood

3 Garde

which league would we be in?

4 say instead of RDM - where would we be in the table?

Lerner F***ed us good and proper.

Bruce's appointment meant starting anew with an incomplete squad and 19th in The Ch.

4 games & 8 pts later Wtf do you detractors want?

We've been shit for 5yrs+

We're still shit but getting pts on the board and are climbing the table.

Can't believe I agree with you on something, still have a soft spot for good old Timmy though. lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Again this is not my point, and you obviously fail to see that. All i am doing is critizising sunday's performance. It was not GOOD enough. The way Steve Bruce set up the team on sunday was embarrasing. And on another day Birmingham would finish off their chances and probably scored 2 or 3 goals and we would lose the game. You need to look behind a result to truely reflect if it was a good performance or a bad one. 

And the reality is. Birmingham were not clinical on that day, if they had been we would lose the game and then you wouldn't say we were "hard" to beat. All you do is to draw conclusion from the result, but, yes we played truely horrific and were VERY lucky too get a point.

You can't be lucky in every game

We are work in progress....but where we have improved is our work OFF the ball.....not yet there, but signs of improvement. We made Blues work harder and they got snatchy,so while I accept we were far from great.....we done the bits of ugly stuff better than what we have done before SB.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Again this is not my point, and you obviously fail to see that. All i am doing is critizising sunday's performance. It was not GOOD enough. The way Steve Bruce set up the team on sunday was embarrasing. And on another day Birmingham would finish off their chances and probably scored 2 or 3 goals and we would lose the game. You need to look behind a result to truely reflect if it was a good performance or a bad one. 

And the reality is. Birmingham were not clinical on that day, if they had been we would lose the game and then you wouldn't say we were "hard" to beat. All you do is to draw conclusion from the result, but, yes we played truely horrific and were VERY lucky too get a point.

I can see this point has raised quite a bit of debate...

It was definitely good enough to get a point against Blues (score was 1-1), why should we expect more given both sides start to the season?

We are not a very good side right now, so why would we attack them until we can do it from a position of strength?

Birmingham,when I have watched them are not a very clinical side on ANY day...

Horrific would have been 3-0 or more (god forbid)

Luck maybe.....a little bit!

Are you sure you haven't spent the weekend justifying our performance to the noses :) they are 3 years ahead of us in their recovery (and might just be peaking!)

12 hours ago, TRO said:

You can't be lucky in every game

We are work in progress....but where we have improved is our work OFF the ball.....not yet there, but signs of improvement. We made Blues work harder and they got snatchy,so while I accept we were far from great.....we done the bits of ugly stuff better than what we have done before SB.

And the team has a much better shape, at times under RDM the team shape was worse than Gabby's last season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

I can see this point has raised quite a bit of debate...

It was definitely good enough to get a point against Blues (score was 1-1), why should we expect more given both sides start to the season?

We are not a very good side right now, so why would we attack them until we can do it from a position of strength?

Birmingham,when I have watched them are not a very clinical side on ANY day...

Horrific would have been 3-0 or more (god forbid)

Luck maybe.....a little bit!

Are you sure you haven't spent the weekend justifying our performance to the noses :) they are 3 years ahead of us in their recovery (and might just be peaking!)

a few weeks ago we would have been beaten out of sight.

but "good" is subjective.....to me in the light of things it was a good point....with the caveat much work to do.

What Steve has managed to do is make the opposition work hard for anything they get from us.

.....a few weeks back it was gifted.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Norwich got spanked 3-0 at the sty and they played exactly the same way against them as they did with us. Yet they had a couple chances but were not completely dominant. I think if we had piled on the kind of pressure blose did to us, we would have won quite comfortably. 

19 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

1 McShat

2 Shatwood

3 Garde

Lerner X***ed us good and proper.

Bruce's appointment meant starting anew with an incomplete squad and 19th in The Ch.

We've been shyt for 5yrs+

We're still shyt but getting pts on the board and are climbing the table.

unbelievable Jeff!!!!!!

Love the enthusiasm in that post, also, the font makes it more passionate :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't believe I agree with you on something, still have a soft spot for good old Timmy though. lol

Same here! - much to my surprise I "liked" Grasshopper's post, maybe a first. And I also agree with you - I have a soft spot for Timmy, although his opening spell in the 2015/6 season was possibly the biggest disaster AVFC has ever experienced in its entire history. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Same here! - much to my surprise I "liked" Grasshopper's post, maybe a first. And I also agree with you - I have a soft spot for Timmy, although his opening spell in the 2015/6 season was possibly the biggest disaster AVFC has ever experienced in its entire history. :)

Timmy's good in my book too. Can't help but like him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What, is this our equivalent of 'The Aston Villa Way'? Are we really that **** sad? 

Besides, were we not competitive? 

Hanging on for dear life ,which is what we did for the whole of the second half , is not my view of being competitive . I can t accept us not even attempting to be on the front foot , against such opposition ,and I believe our history and tradition demands that attitude ,but what do I know ?

Interested to see how he sets up Saturday - Blackburn is the first game he'll be expected to win. A derby game against a team who were in decent form at the time, a tough away game against a team who were unbeaten at home, a home game against a team who were unbeaten away from home and then another derby against a team who are strong at home is a pretty tough start, and Blackburn is the first time he really had a chance to go for the kill from the off, and Im interested to see how ambitious he is with that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hanging on for dear life ,which is what we did for the whole of the second half , is not my view of being competitive . I can t accept us not even attempting to be on the front foot , against such opposition ,and I believe our history and tradition demands that attitude ,but what do I know ?

Not very much if you think we were hanging on for dear life in the second half

On 01/11/2016 at 20:08, Grasshopper said:

1 McShat

2 Shatwood

3 Garde

Lerner X***ed us good and proper.

We've been shyt for 5yrs+

We're still shyt but getting pts on the board and are climbing the table.

unbelievable Jeff!!!!!!

They basically want us to be managed by someone who didn't used to manage The Scum apart from a couple who want us to be managed by Pep Guardiola. 

I remain uncertain as to which is the more misguided school of thought. 

PS I was never X-Rayed by Lerner 

PPS Will you all desist with the Sherwood nonsense. He's a complete charlatan and a lying coward to boot. 

Edited by sidcow

There's been talk about RDM being unlucky and Bruce being lucky. 

I'd say there's more than a decent argument that RDM was lucky—we should have been spanked in a lot of those games where we managed to get points.  

Anyway, we've finally started looking like a competitive team again, for the first time in about 4 years (ok when Sherwood first turned up). 

Edited by praisedmambo

Â