Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

All hail Bruce

I'm running out of likes

even liked 2, yes 2 JV posts (but he didnt mention Gaby)

also liked post from some VTers I never agree with/never heard of

wtf is wrong with me?

I think I must have a bout of Bruceitus

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 3

Props to Bruce - we look like a solid outfit now. There's so much talent in the final third if we could just get them to click on a more regular basis it could really be an enjoyable remainder of the season. Such a shame we didn't have him for the first 10 games as the quality in the squad was always there.

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Have to give him credit, he's shown me he is better then I had thought he was thus far. 

He has been really good so far but combined with RDM incompetence im not sure how good he is :P

• Like 1

It's a **** fantastic feeling at the moment, I'm so impressed at the changes in such a short amount of time.

Been a long long time since I felt this good about the Villa.

I do wonder/fear what it'll be like after his first loss, hope the usual suspects don't start piping up and give him a chance because a loss will happen at some point.

In the mean time though I'm loving it! Let's **** kick this leagues arse!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Absolutely brilliant to watch this Villa team at times now. Fitness was a huge issue under RDM and it cost us so many points yet it never improved. Bruce mentioned it after his first game and did it was an easy fix. Speaks volumes for his experience and ability to address issues as tonight Villa were tireless. Absolutely night and day from pre-Bruce in a short period of time. 

Hopefully the doubters can realise the good he's doing. He's never got the good rep he deserves. If he was Portuguese and handsome and did the exact same jobs he's done previously I suspect he'd have been given a shot with a club chasing European football but he's not fashionable and some (too many) people focus on that rather than his ability. He's not the messiah but he's smart enough to see what the majority of the fans see and whilst I think Gabby is lucky to get another chance I appreciate Bruce's reasoning and I also feel comfortable that if Gabby abuses Bruce's trust he won't remain in the team or squad. 

His Mom and his wife think he is, but I understand he is working on the Language:)

What pleases me most is....We have come on leaps and bounds and yes in the cold light of day still much to do, anyone watching can see there is a long way to go.

.....but Steve Bruce has acknowledged that.....Top Man.

ps and further more one of the most personable managers we have had, but equally you wouldn't want to **** him about.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

All hail Bruce

I'm running out of likes

even liked 2, yes 2 JV posts (but he didnt mention Gaby)

also liked post from some VTers I never agree with/never heard of

wtf is wrong with me?

I think I must have a bout of Bruceitus

I noticed I had a like from you and I was gobsmacked!!

• Like 1

What's impressed me the most is this notion of "going back to basics" because the very definition makes it sound pretty easy, defend well, score goals, simples. But it isn't that easy is it? We have had "manager" after "manager" that simply couldn't grasp the idea even though a couple of them were bloody good players in there day. 

This club has fell of a cliff over the last few years and there were honestly times when I thought even the best managers in the world would struggle to get a song out of us, such was the decline. What Bruce has done to almost instantly halt 5yrs of shit is truly remarkable. 

37 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'll be busy baking humble pie for a while now........ I'm saving an extra big piece for someone special

Fair play V.O.O. Takes a man to eat humble pie rather than just sticking to guns for the sake of it. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fair play V.O.O. Takes a man to eat humble pie rather than just sticking to guns for the sake of it. 

Oh no mate not for me. I was a Bruce fan from day dot. However I like food a lot and I am a baker, so I'll probably eat a piece anyway.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Oh no mate not for me. I was a Bruce fan from day dot. However I like food a lot and I am a baker, so I'll probably eat a piece anyway.

Ahh misunderstood the post but makes sense now. To be fair you would need to bake a really really big humble pie for some on here,  though I have a suspicion that you'll struggle to shift it onto one or two. 

Incidentally Humble Pie tastes of chicken apparently. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ahh misunderstood the post but makes sense now. To be fair you would need to bake a really really big humble pie for some on here,  though I have a suspicion that you'll struggle to shift it onto one or two. 

Incidentally Humble Pie tastes of chicken apparently. 

Well for those special people I'll tell them its Roast chicken :)

What I like about the Gabby situation is that it shows Bruce to be a man of his word, a strong signal to send. Adds to the all-in-it-together vibe we've found. It was also great to see how properly chuffed Gabby was for Baker after scoring - there's good stuff in this team, and bags to come. 

As for Bruce, I just think there's something very, very special percolating at Villa and he fits us perfectly the way Big Ron did. Calderwood will bolster us no end. 

Lovin this. 

• Like 2

Â