Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Terrible way of thinking that you're getting a manager for a short term gain and you'd want him gone when he's done it. But it's only a fan thing to think this way. There were people who suggested Sherwood was the same - save us and then chopped for an actual manager. He wasn't, of course, and we're worse off because of it. 

Xia thinks we'd be top 5 club in a few years. :D

I didn't imply I want him gone, if by some miracle he manages to get us promoted. I meant I think it will all end miserably, and he'll be sacked once Tony realizes how poor a manager Bruce is.

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is the "Best Manager" and the "Right Manager"

In our circumstance I think Steve Bruce is the "Right Manager" for our immediate needs

i dont think he is right or best

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

Like RDM before him Mr Potato Head was the easy available option. If he had still been in post at Hull how many people would have been urging Dr Tony to pay whatever it takes in compensation to prize him away from them?

We bought McCormack and Kodjia because they are proven in the Championship, to fire us to promotion. We are hiring Bruce for the same reason. And if he was employed, I believe we would have gone after him for the same reason. He is the best option to get us up, and we clearly have not given up on that. It is of paramount importance to achieve that.

I, like many, think he is the rather boring option, but I understand the thought process behind the decision, and am happy to go along with it.

As for the Premier League, lets cross that bridge when we come to it. If Bruce can get us up he will have done his job, and having to decide about keeping him or moving him on will be a happy situation I look forward to.

No need to worry about it now. Worst case scenario will be if we do not have that to concern us.

• Like 3

Can we just accept that at present Villa are a laughing stock? I cant remember the last time I felt that other fans envied us (even Blues!)....

Steve Bruce is a VERY good appointment for us! If he has us in top half by Christmas we should be happy.....

Having seen the majority of games this season it wont take a tactical genius to do this!

• Like 4

I can't see Bruce getting us in the top 6 this season, its highly unrealistic to expect it . I don't think any manager could given the starting position and our unbalanced squad, even if they were backed in the transfer window the gap will most likely be to big.

Any other manager, who was to play a decent formation, would be backed. Bruce I'm not sure about, get beat in the next few games including the Sha gane and the pressure will start to mount.

We will finish around 10th and Bruce will get a window to buy us players to get promoted......

I have had my say and from now on I'm behind him . A win against Wolves will be a massive boost for everyone, come on Spud,  work your magic UTV 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Get behind him and the team. Even if Richards and co are given a chance.

So Gabby, Richards, Hutton and co. and their antics all should be forgotten now too that the messiah has arrived?  

We are going backwards very very quickly!

I don't personally like Steve Bruce and never have (though we've never met of course) maybe it's more to do with my personality but I consider him synonymous with SHA just as I did McLeish.

I want him to do well obviously as it means we do well but I'm not convinced he's the right man for us.

I consider it an indictment on how low we've sunk that some people are excited by this and/or view it as a good appointment similar to the hype around Jedinak joining us.

I wondered 6 months ago how low we could sink and the answer, it seems, is boundless.

Â