Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Gabby, Richards, Hutton and co. and their antics all should be forgotten now too that the messiah has arrived?  

We are going backwards very very quickly!

Very slowly actually. It's been the best part of 10 years.

This is the first positive step in a long time if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's got the best win ratio of any manager Spurs have had since World War II and set a Premier League record points haul of 72 points for them (first club not to achieve CL football with such a total).  Was also apparently the first Spurs manager to win at Old Trafford for 23 years.

But yeah, he's shit.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, Steve Bruce...

So what you mean is. He has won **** all basically!  Yes,  Steve Bruce indeed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was backed heavily at Sunderland and brought them backwards and signed duds with big fees and wages in Gyan, Cana, Cattermole, O'Shea, Turner, Wickham, Gardner, Brown

He didn't take them backwards at all - that's a lie - nor was he particularly heavily backed?  Calling Cattermole and O'Shea duds is beyond bizarre as well.

Just now, bobzy said:

He didn't take them backwards at all - that's a lie - nor was he particularly heavily backed?  Calling Cattermole and O'Shea duds is beyond bizarre as well.

Wonderful confirmation bias :)

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Or it could go horribly right. Doesn't take much to do better than di Matteo, or Sherwood. About time we recruited a experienced manager

I hope it does go 'horribly right'. I just hope the club is fully aware that if we lose a few games, especially the one on the 30th of this month, then a sizeable amount of fans will remember exactly who he used to manage.

For those saying it's a safe appointment, I think it's the exact opposite. Xia has given plenty of ammo to the fans to criticise the way the club is being run and shots will be fired if he doesn't win games, and fast. 

'It's a bold move, Cotton'. 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

So what you mean is. He has won **** all basically!  Yes,  Steve Bruce indeed!

I guess if your view of a manager is purely on winning trophies then, yes, at Spurs he was awful.

The only manager that has won anything for them this millennium, by the way, was Juande Ramos.  Think about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I was under the assumption were under a new promising era with Dr. Xia, This latest managerial appointment has me doubting this new era only 6 months in and our 2nd manager already.

I am still looking for the positives of this and yet to find them.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd say getting a new owner was a very positive step.

Appointing Bruce is more a plugging the hole in the Hull IMO

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I guess if your view of a manager is purely on winning trophies then, yes, at Spurs he was awful.

The only manager that has won anything for them this millennium, by the way, was Juande Ramos.  Think about that.

No need. I am a Villa fan and couldn't give two **** about Spurs.  ;)

• Like 1

for me this is a McLeish appointment all over and it does for me question Xia ambition or was he just all talk about making us that big

then again if its only a contract until end of season then I wont complain that much

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

eh with the budget he is about to receive I would compare that to his Sunderland days

yes he got an average Hull side promoted yet spent their record budget in Premier League and got them relegated. who made them average :detect:

You mean, with TV money in the Premier League going up and players getting more and more expensive because of it, Hull broke their transfer spending when in the Premier League 2 seasons ago?  Wow :rolleyes:

(I'm willing to bet it was significantly less than we've spent this season, as well).

He doesnt inspire me but

I thought Lambert would work and even liked the idea of Garde.  I was right about Sherwood and RDM so I cant predict the future

BUT

If Bruce follows previous form and we sack him in 2/3 years time I will take that as we will get to Sack him as a mid table Premier Team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for me this is a McLeish appointment all over and it does for me question Xia ambition or was he just all talk about making us that big

then again if its only a contract until end of season then I wont complain that much

How is it a McLeish appointment?!?!

Purely because he's ex-Blues? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

It's not even close?
Mcleish we were still a relatively big club, with a decent history and reputation. We are a Championship club now, sitting 19th. Steve Bruce is the best I think we could really hope for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Literally the only thing remotely similar about the two is that they had a spell at Birmingham.

More lazy stereotypes.

true McLeish actually won a trophy and got them one of their highest ever finishes

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You mean, with TV money in the Premier League going up and players getting more and more expensive because of it, Hull broke their transfer spending when in the Premier League 2 seasons ago?  Wow :rolleyes:

(I'm willing to bet it was significantly less than we've spent this season, as well).

what has Premier League money got to do with it, maybe we spent more but it doesnt mean he didnt buy shit and got them relegated

Abel **** Hernandez as your record transfer :lol:

Â