Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Our first manager in years that has actually achieved something and some of us are atill bitching.

Lambert, McLeish and Di Matteo all got promotions before coming to us. McLeish got a trophy for Birmingham and a 9th place. (Higher than Bruce's 10th) Not that I'm saying they're good managers, just that Bruce isn't the only one with a record before coming to us.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not twisted at all.  You asked a question about a club an hour ago.  When that club was mentioned to you half an hour ago you said you weren't interested in them.

Unless you missed half the convo I was actually talking about what AVB has accomplished.  Never mind.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So promotion to the premier league is bigger than winning the champions league now then is it?

Just winning a few games and bieng safe from relegation will do me for now. Im sick of counting how many teams above us and working out if we have enough points yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Lambert, McLeish and Di Matteo all got promotions before coming to us. McLeish got a trophy for Birmingham and a 9th place. (Higher than Bruce's 10th) Not that I'm saying they're good managers, just that Bruce isn't the only one with a record before coming to us.

Of course not, and I agree.  Hiring Wagner/Smith/Dyche et al would be akin to us hiring Lambert when we did.  Upward projectory but relatively inexperienced as a manager and certainly in the Premier League.

For what it's worth, I'd be happy with hiring that sort of manager too.  It's not "Bruce or no-one!" it's "Bruce would also be a good appointment".

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

So, I take it that you would be quite happy to have Mc Stupid or Lambert back then ?

Gotta say, I really don't know what people can complain about. Bruce is absolutely the best we could've possibly hoped for in our situation. He knows the league and has had very recent success in it (unlike RDM) and will bring some actual stability. We've lacked any kind of that since MON left.

Gotta find something to piss and moan about though I suppose. It's pretty unbearable.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

What makes me laugh is at the time we appointed Eck fans were really pissed off that the media were saying that we hated Eck because of his Blues connection. Fans denied this and angrily reacted saying it was because he was shit, which he is. Now we have Bruce people are not happy about his Blues connection that was 10 years ago but he is actually a fairly successful manager (in context). I don't get it.

I couldnt give a shit who he managed 10 years ago personally

• Like 3

I have seen a few comments saying he can get us promoted then we will replace him and push on in the Premier League. 

Remarkable.

If he somehow manages promotion from here he will have earned a run in the Premier League, we would not be sacking him unless he we had a disastrous start to the season. 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope it does go 'horribly right'. I just hope the club is fully aware that if we lose a few games, especially the one on the 30th of this month, then a sizeable amount of fans will remember exactly who he used to manage.

For those saying it's a safe appointment, I think it's the exact opposite. Xia has given plenty of ammo to the fans to criticise the way the club is being run and shots will be fired if he doesn't win games, and fast. 

'It's a bold move, Cotton'. 

Can you imagine if he goes to the sty and gets our first away in since Bournemouth, he will be hero. Which ever manager lost that game will be the devil in some fans eyes

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Can you imagine if he goes to the sty and gets our first away in since Bournemouth, he will be hero. Which ever manager lost that game will be the devil in some fans eyes

it's a worry that the same is going to be so soon after his appointment, I can see a loss there leading to some aggro.

Still, there aren't many people we could bring in that can make the players understand the importance of the derby like he can. A win at the Sty, and Bruce celebrating in front of the noses will do nicely. ;) 

Â