Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Steve Bruce, though...lacking all the glamour of RDM, and maybe that's a good thing. If he can get them playing simple, effective football, fine. Even if it's kick and rush, fine. It's not like we have a midfield that creates many chances. If we win ugly and grind out good draws, fine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

Appallingly bad appointment . We are going nowhere as a club. Top five in a few years is utter bollox clearly .

i see loads saying lets get behind him, no thanks I am not behind the manager.  I am behind the club and IMO this appointment will not benefit the club one bit. Retrograde totally retrograde .

poor poor decision this and for me another poor decision which raises doubts about those running the club. 

I appreciate that this will not be a post some people will find favour with and there will be those quoting this and having a go at it and will produce lots of likes for them having a go at it, but I don't give a shit about that. In my opinion this is a crap appointment and although I am not saying Bruce out , I am saying Bruce should never have been in.

Completely agree.

He has my support and I wish him well just as I did for McLeish, but it is not a good appointment at all. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm normally Mr positive give him more time and get behind the team kind of guy and I still am. But this appointment is wrong for me. I will back him of course but can't see this working out short term or long term. Prove me wrong please Bruce. 

• Like 4

Fully behind this appointment- best choice available considering the circumstances. No it's not very glamourous or exciting but this club needs to learn how to win again however ugly it maybe. 

• Like 1

I doubt Tony is viewing Bruce as a long term project...what he wants right now is to ensure the club isn't relegated again! So given the context we're in, it's a sensible appointment. Bruce has the ability to steady the team, and that should be enough for now, frankly.

He certainly wasn't my first choice but it's obvious why we appointed him, his record speaks for itself. No one is as experienced as Bruce is in getting teams promoted. 

We don't need to wife the guy. Just let him get us up, then kick him out of bed for someone more glamorous. 

He's the right manager for our short term goal, with, in my opinion, very little risk. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

We don't need to wife the guy. Just let him get us up, then kick him out of bed for someone more glamorous.

The reason 'football' thinks Villa fans are deluded are posts like this.

Â