PieFacE

German papers are reporting that Thomas Tuchel has turned down Bayern to take over at Arsenal.

Not certain when thou as Wenger has a contract over next season.

Would be a very exciting appointment for them and pretty logical as they have signed loads of players from the Bundesliga in recent years.

On 3/25/2018 at 22:47, sne said:

German papers are reporting that Thomas Tuchel has turned down Bayern to take over at Arsenal.

Would be a very exciting appointment for them and pretty logical as they have signed loads of players from the Bundesliga in recent years.

Agreed, it would be both exciting and logical.

Ancellotti or Enrique would be good aquisitions but I think Tuchel trumps both.

• 3 weeks later...

Lost to Newcastle. Burnley now are 2 points behind them for 6th. Arsenal also have to focus on Europa league. 

They have a chance at getting kicked out of the Europa league, and not even qualifying for anything next season. 

The Burnley Arsenal match in a few weeks will be good. 

• Like 1

As above it's well, well overdue. It will be interesting to see if they start spending more money now as the (very well placed) rumours were that they have a large transfer warchest but Wenger wouldn't spend it. I guess it's already started with Aubameyang, no way was that a Wenger signing.

Edited by villa89

It's got to be Simone hasn't it? 

He's great at organising defence.  They've already got good strikers.  I think he's taken Athletico as far as he can, he probably needs a new challenge - Arsenal have money and I'd trust him to spend it. 

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's great at organising defence.  They've already got good strikers.  I think he's taken Athletico as far as he can, he probably needs a new challenge - Arsenal have money and I'd trust him to spend it. 

I think he'd be a great fit for them but he's the complete antithesis of the approach Arsenal seem to take.

I'd imagine it's Tuchel, especially with the rumors of PSG and Bayern close to appointing him.

On 3/25/2018 at 12:47, sne said:

It's not that logical, since Sven Mislintat, Arsenal's Head of Recruitment (and thus someone with a pretty big say over who the new manager is) had a massive falling out with Tuchel when they were both at Dortmund. Tuchel banned Mislintat from the training ground and forced him out of the club, resulting in him joining Arsenal last year.

Seems unlikely that he is going to want to return to that.

Tuchel is apparently replacing Emery at PSG.

Edited by ml1dch

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Tuchel is apparently replacing Emery at PSG.

Yeah, saw that a few days back.

Will potentially be an almighty manager merry go round in the summer.

Stayed a few seasons too long in the end.

But what an amazing stint he's had with them. Great servant who should be honored with a statue outside their stadium.

Can't say I ever liked him, always thought he was a petulant, pouty cry baby.

But he did an stellar job with them on the whole.

Thanks for the memories.

Great manager who has done a massive amount for the club. Won them trophies, created the Invincibles and brought through some of the club's and the world's best players..

The way the Arsenal fans have treated him over the past few seasons has been nothing short of a disgrace, looking through twitter and listening to phone in's this morning with fans celebrating as though they are now the automatic Premier League and Champions League winners is ridiculous. Also the hype over Arsenal fan TV and the way the media have published their rants about Wenger has been bullish and unneccesary.

Fans at football clubs such as Arsenal don't know how good they have it, it summed it up for me as I left Wembley after the 2015 FA Cup Final. Arsenal were lifting the FA Cup yet the street was filled with Arsenal fans making their way home.

For Wenger's sake I hope they give him a good send off, and I hope he goes into a job such as PSG or the French National Team and proves himself a success once again.

For Arsenal, I hope this is just the start of their struggles and that they go the same way as United did after Ferguson left. As we have found out in recent years, no matter how 'big' the club is you are never far away from falling apart in football.

Edited by wilko154

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Doesn't play the Arsenal way fam

Â