PieFacE

They be back, they've won ten of their last twelve in the league and got an away draw to Manchester City in that run too, they actually played well against us, we just played better. We need them to do well in their next two against Wolves and Chelsea, so when they play Spurs they've still got something to play for

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, useless said:

They be back, they've won ten of their last twelve in the league and got an away draw to Manchester City in that run too, they actually played well against us, we just played better. We need them to do well in their next two against Wolves and Chelsea, so when they play Spurs they've still got something to play for

Hope they win rest of their games. Will suit us 

• Like 1

Can't be the only one that doesnt get the Arteta appeal. He is a clearing in the woods, football isnt inspiring yet spent 600 million and hasn't done anything with Arsenal except an FA Cup with players he dumped like Emi and Aubameyang. A Basque Brendan Rogers

Luckily for him the fan base is stupid and think Unai was the problem

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can't be the only one that doesnt get the Arteta appeal. He is a clearing in the woods, football isnt inspiring yet spent 600 million and hasn't done anything with Arsenal except an FA Cup with players he dumped like Emi and Aubameyang. A Basque Brendan Rogers

Luckily for him the fan base is stupid and think Unai was the problem

Got the arrogance of Pep but not the charisma and ability. He learned off his master how to spend money but not how to win when it means something. 

Another shocker last night from Rice, ball watching for the goal. Fans online seem to be turning on him and was even called a 105 million Karl Henry 

• Haha 2

I feel like Arsenal's biggest problem is the lack of rotation. They've been pretty lucky with injuries this year but have played a lot of the first 11 into the ground. 

Surprised they didn't try and sign a player like Vlahovic last summer, wouldn't be surprised if they did this summer. 

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like Arsenal's biggest problem is the lack of rotation. They've been pretty lucky with injuries this year but have played a lot of the first 11 into the ground. 

Surprised they didn't try and sign a player like Vlahovic last summer, wouldn't be surprised if they did this summer. 

They've looked completely out of gas in the second half both against us and Bayern. They definitely could have gone easier on some of their key players, especially in games where they were comfortably in front at half time. Saka for instance looks knackered and has played 30 games/2492 minutes in the Premier League (average of 83 minutes per game). Bailey, by comparison has played 31 games/1728 mins (avg 56 minutes) and even when you factor in Leon not starting all the games at the beginning of the season, he's still been rotated/subbed quite a bit even since his form picked up.

Arsenal's remaining fixtures are tough (perhaps with the exception of Everton on the final day) and very close together and I'm not sure they can re-energize things (esp. when Arteta doesn't seem to trust the squad depth). I could see them finishing 8-10 points behind City. 

The "Saka Limp" on Twitter / X is quite funny.

Multiple fan groups now realising Saka limps / feigns injury whenever he has a bad game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Took the free kick quickly too when it was just about the perfect spot for a shot.

I haven't seen a replay of the quick free kick because, as they so often do, the cameras missed the live action in favour of showing a pointless replay or some close-ups of players, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the idea. I think direct free kick scoring probabilities are overrated by fans and players alike, so if there was a chance to surprise the opposition and get in one-on-one then go fir it.

The corner, however, was absolute shite (even if, again, the chances of scoring from a corner are about 5%). Last kick of the game, last play so no real rush to take it quickly, goalkeeper is up (increasing the odds, I guess), and hit the first man. **** sake.

17 hours ago, useless said:

Yes ive got nothing against Arsenal or Arteta. They got beaten by a much more experienced team in the quarters of the champions league. No disgrace. I don't think the league is over.either. 

Edited by PaulC

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes ive got nothing against Arsenal or Arteta. They got beaten by a much more experienced team in the quarters of the champions league. No disgrace. I don't think the league is over.either. 

but this is not a good Bayern team, they don't have a good defence, even last night they had a DMC* at RB, dier at CB and a RB at LB

Bayern were there for the taking and IMO arsenal didn't look good enough in attack, they were not the same team that were putting 5 and 6 past teams a month ago

not sure if it was tiredness or playing with too much caution, dunno if they showed bayern too much respect

* to be fair kimmich is a world class RB as well as probably the 2nd best DMC in the world

7 minutes ago, useless said:

They just have to keep going, only takes Manchester City dropping points in one game to give them a chance

thats why their exodus on sunday afternoon was so shocking

their fanbase gave up on the whole season sunday afternoon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats why their exodus on sunday afternoon was so shocking

their fanbase gave up on the whole season sunday afternoon

I think it’s the frustration that you essentially have to be perfect with Man City being what they are. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

but this is not a good Bayern team, they don't have a good defence, even last night they had a DMC* at RB, dier at CB and a RB at LB

Bayern were there for the taking and IMO arsenal didn't look good enough in attack, they were not the same team that were putting 5 and 6 past teams a month ago

not sure if it was tiredness or playing with too much caution, dunno if they showed bayern too much respect

* to be fair kimmich is a world class RB as well as probably the 2nd best DMC in the world

Kimmich was world class but has been poor for the last 18 months. Its why Bayern are happy to ship him out in summer

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yes agree but they still.have the experience. 

We would have had a better season than Arsenal if we finish in the top 4 and win a trophy 

Fact.

• Like 1

Â