PieFacE

Always had a serious dislike for Arsenal fans ever since the final in 2015 when loads of them left early. The Arsenal team that day totally deserved to win but those plastic rocket polishers for fans certainly didn't deserve it.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not sure why this win is being celebrated so much by some, they've obviously not watched Milan much this season, because they're a **** awful team, utter garbage. When your opponent is forced to bring on Kalinic, Borini and Andre Silva to chase a game, you know you're playing against a shithouse team.

Milan actually been playing pretty well recently although Gattuso getting done tactically by Wenger was pretty amusing.

There appears to be empty seats all over The Emirates at the moment. Has something happened or is this literally thousands of Arsenal fans not bothering because they are not top 4?

Some fans might be turning their backs a bit. You also can't underestimate the number of tourists and day-trippers who go to watch Arsenal, perhaps now they are just an average top half side the appeal has waned a bit among that particular audience. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I guess we can once and for all put to bed the myth that Italian, Spaniards and basically foreigners cheat, play acts and dives while upstanding proper lad Brits do not.

38 minutes ago, sne said:

I guess we can once and for all put to bed the myth that Italian, Spaniards and basically foreigners cheat, play acts and dives while upstanding proper lad Brits do not.

Absolutely, Dele Alli is the biggest and most consistent cheater in world football.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Absolutely, Dele Alli is the biggest and most consistent cheater in world football.

I think Busquets and Pepe would have something to say about that.

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think Busquets and Pepe would have something to say about that.

its actually part of what makes him one of the best players in the world, the cynicism in his game is incredible both in terms of committing and winning soft fouls, most of the time though he positions himself in a way where the contact is genuine and then accentuates it to make sure he gets the decision, i dont think he flops in the same way alli does

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its actually part of what makes him one of the best players in the world, the cynicism in his game is incredible both in terms of committing and winning soft fouls, most of the time though he positions himself in a way where the contact is genuine and then accentuates it to make sure he gets the decision, i dont think he flops in the same way alli does

That may be the case. I stopped watching football outside of Villa closely a few years ago and have missed the rise of Alli for the most part.

That said, Busquets is hard to match, I'm confident he would have compilation videos of his theatrics.

I wish Welbeck would get punished for that. Give him a ban for a few matches. That dive completely changed the match. 

I also can't believe neither ref saw that. I know it's different watching from a television, but it looked like a blatant dive. The ref behind the goal had a great view.

Refs behind the goal have to be the worst modern invention in football, even worse than VAR.

So many times a player gets hacked down in the box and he dosen't do anything. Last night Welbeck just collapses under no contact and he tells the ref it's a penalty.

Clueless.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Mertesacker reveals his anxiety disorder and this is disrespecting the fans, says Deitmar Hamann.

Always good to see the world of football roll society back a few years.

Hamann probably played with Enke as well for Germany. What a dickhead

• Like 1

I don't really understand the point Hamann is trying to make. Mertesacker was injured for virtually all of last season, this season he's probably just about finished as a regular due to a combination of age and his injury history. It's not as though he isn't playing due to a preference for sitting in the stands.

The fact is, no amount of money can prevent work related stress and at the extreme end this can manifest itself in mental health issues such as a generalised anxiety disorder, which it appears Mertesacker has. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2018 at 22:25, VillaChris said:

Refs behind the goal have to be the worst modern invention in football, even worse than VAR.

So many times a player gets hacked down in the box and he dosen't do anything. Last night Welbeck just collapses under no contact and he tells the ref it's a penalty.

Clueless.

I disagree.

Not with bad decisions. That was a particularly bad one and of course they make bad decisions as all officials do.

But in general they've been a good thing. And the misconception that they do nothing is just that, a misconception. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree.

Not with bad decisions. That was a particularly bad one and of course they make bad decisions as all officials do.

But in general they've been a good thing. And the misconception that they do nothing is just that, a misconception. 

I’ve seen plenty of instances (no, I can’t name them :() where the official behind the goal has had a clear view of an incident and not done... anything. I remember an instance of the ball going a full yard over the by-line too - official behind the goal let play go on. 

They seem to basically do nothing but stand there. 

Maybe their remit is to advise a ref if they’ve made a wrong decision? No idea. I don’t think the game would be worse off without them, though. 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’ve seen plenty of instances (no, I can’t name them :() where the official behind the goal has had a clear view of an incident and not done... anything. I remember an instance of the ball going a full yard over the by-line too - official behind the goal let play go on. 

They seem to basically do nothing but stand there. 

Maybe their remit is to advise a ref if they’ve made a wrong decision? No idea. I don’t think the game would be worse off without them, though. 

They talk to the ref via their headset thingamajigs. So where you're saying they do "nothing", what they're more likely doing is telling the ref "That's not a foul, play on", or "that stayed in play". 
If they get that wrong, fair enough, but that's a wrong decision. It's not doing nothing

Just because they're not waving a flag doesn't mean they're not doing anything.

Â