PieFacE

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no, our media would hound him for shits and giggles making his position more or less impossible 

Sadly that’s probably very true (and the cretin piers organ will be more vocal too) 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why is everyone ignoring that for half his reign he has been an utter joke? That through his own arrogance and stubborness Arsenal have failed season after season to push forward the past decade. Mistakes that could easily be rectified were not. Arsene's own selfish ego and belief in his 'philosophy' keeping Arsenal from actually winning a league title.

Why must we come out now and say what a wonderful manager he is, and what a wonderful man he is? No, not having it. Speak the truth for **** sake.

Yup, he's done amazing things for which he should be applauded. However, his legacy is tarnished as far as I'm concerned by basically refusing to win anything. 

Both different styles but think Jardim or Allegri would be good choices. Think Luis Enrique would massively flop.

Can see Wenger being next French manager as Deschamps will probably be sacked if France don't make last 4 of the world cup.

45 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Yup, he's done amazing things for which he should be applauded. However, his legacy is tarnished as far as I'm concerned by basically refusing to win anything. 

Is it really that much different to Mourinho? 1 league title in his last 7 seasons managing and counting.

Klopp hasn't won a league title since 2012 either.

Big part I reckon was David Dein leaving in 2007. He pushed Wenger constantly either to sign players or create brilliant teams and it was a great combination.

He left and then they get a owner in who really is only bothered about qualifying for champions league rather than winning titles and think that's slowly filtered through the club.

• Like 1

Condolences to Arsene's family on his sudden passing...oh he hasn't died, he will just be leaving his job. 

You could be forgiven for thinking the former had happened given the completely OTT media coverage today; interviews with former and current players praising how 'he changed the game', reporters stationed outside the ground talking to fans about their emotions, and i'm pretty sure it was the lead story on the 6 o'clock news FFS.

A ridiculous reaction to a long overdue event.

• Like 4

Wenger completely changed and revolutionised the English game and for that he deserves many accolades . 

He definitely needed to go a few years ago though as was starting to ruin his legacy. Always thought England should’ve had him to head the whole development programme.

Arsenal will go for someone who plays the “Arsenal way”, but I think it’ll be someone from Germany because of the new board. 

Think Rodgers’ reputation at a top club is still low, he’ll have to win a trophy in England before a top club will come in for in.

Could see Loew being a good fit, but would laugh if it’s Klinnsmann 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

He's won 3 of the last 4 FA Cups!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If Conte gets the Jill n Jack from Chelsea I'd be on the phone straight away if I was Arsenal.

If he didn't like the transfer policy at Chelsea, No way would he work at Arsenal 

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

If he didn't like the transfer policy at Chelsea, No way would he work at Arsenal 

Well, Chelsea seems more like an elaborate Russian money laundering scheme to me, whereas I think the jury is out on whether a different manager would be able to do better in the market with Arsenal than Wenger did.  Tbh I'm not that well versed in the actual goings on at Arsenal.

Â