PieFacE

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

I  thought it was interesting that Wenger confirmed that he was sacked when he said "the timing was not my choice". Sad that he didn't have the perspective to step away when the time was right. He also is certain that he'll work again so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Few of the press hinting Everton will make a big play for him end of the season.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In before Arsenal go chasing the game and a goal, lose their heads and discipline,  give away several dog shit away goals and totally **** up this tie. In Arsene we trust .

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by what happened.

Even with 10 men Atletico showed they're just a tactically and mentally stronger team than Arsenal.

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by what happened.

Even with 10 men Atletico showed they're just a tactically and mentally stronger team than Arsenal.

Not sure about this. I know it’s trendy to hate English teams in Europe, but Atletico did absolutely nothing yet scored after (yet another) a defensive error. Is that really being “tactically and mentally stronger”?

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not sure about this. I know it’s trendy to hate English teams in Europe, but Atletico did absolutely nothing yet scored after (yet another) a defensive error. Is that really being “tactically and mentally stronger”?

Look at how they defended though, stayed in shape throughout, Pratey out of position at RB had a great game.

You can't honestly believe if Arsenal get Bellerin or someone sent off early next week they'd give as good a defensive performance as that with the goal they gave away and reguarly shipping 3-4 goals to the better teams in the premier league.

They are tactically drilled to within an inch of their life, i think in the home game you see the other side of it, theyre a good team on the ball too, its not pulis ball

No way will simeone work in england though, the mentality of the players in this leagur just isnt there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They are tactically drilled to within an inch of their life, i think in the home game you see the other side of it, theyre a good team on the ball too, its not pulis ball

No way will simeone work in england though, the mentality of the players in this leagur just isnt there

Only club I could see Simeone fitting in here would be Chelsea. Win at all costs mentality there, when they won leagues they never had the style of play of a Man. City or Arsenal.

Think he'll manage Inter Milan before that though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

maybe not but Simeone and his assistant Burgos are no pushovers and will command instant respect or else.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Look at how they defended though, stayed in shape throughout, Pratey out of position at RB had a great game.

You can't honestly believe if Arsenal get Bellerin or someone sent off early next week they'd give as good a defensive performance as that with the goal they gave away and reguarly shipping 3-4 goals to the better teams in the premier league.

I agree with all of this, but I don't see how that demonstrates being "tactically and mentally stronger"?  Arsenal had plenty of chances to kill off the game but didn't take them and then lapsed and conceded.  Sure, typical Arsenal, but nothing amazing that Atletico did.

They defended very well - that's their entire being.  That's what this Simeone side does; defend, defend, defend.  It's no surprise at all that they were still able to defend when a player light by sacrificing their offence.

Apparently going for Liverpool's Mr. Personal Reasons. Would be risky/ambitious/crazy appointment given the track record of most long term assistant managers.

Edited by villakram
I can't spell...

19 hours ago, villakram said:

Apparently going for Liverpool's Mr. Personal Reasons. Would be risky/ambitious/crazy appointment given the track record of most long term assistant managers.

I don't think the two are connected. I don't have any inside information but it seems like Klopp had a falling out with him rather than him being tapped up for the Arsenal job. I imagine Klopp would have been happy to see him go to a big club as manager after working with him for 20 years. Arsenal will have to appoint an established manager, they can't afford to take a risk.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't think the two are connected. I don't have any inside information but it seems like Klopp had a falling out with him rather than him being tapped up for the Arsenal job. I imagine Klopp would have been happy to see him go to a big club as manager after working with him for 20 years. Arsenal will have to appoint an established manager, they can't afford to take a risk.

Maybe... there is a Dortmund man upstairs at Arsenal now though. I agree about the risk, though not as high risk as Arteta/Viera imho. I can't understand why they are not going after Jardim or Emery. Enrique appears to be favored but has a very sketchy record outside Barcelona and they need someone more invested than Ancellotti would be.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Arsenal without away points in 2018, only team in the top 4 leagues in England.

Way to bottle it.

And yet Wenger still thinks he's doing a great job and was going to stay on. The mind boggles. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Arsenal without away points in 2018, only team in the top 4 leagues in England.

Way to bottle it.

Haven't really bottled anything, there is a clear gulf between them and top 4 now. Away form is incredibly bad though.

At least Aubameyang has come in and is scoring no problem. Lacazette is looking better since his operation. If new manager can sign a dominant CB and box to box mobile DM then with the players in attack Arsenal should be reasonably competitive at the top end next season.

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

Yep, Liam Brady (former Arsenal youth team director) confirmed it on Irish TV. He was forced out (sacked) by the owner, he didn't resign.

Edited by villa89

Â