Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hardly robbing the club blind, he may not be the most technically gifted footballer but he always gives 100%. In 17/18, he was outstanding, we had his best season. When he leaves here, which I hope isn’t soon, he can hold his head up high

No he doesn't. It's funny how his form dipped the second he realised the club wasn't stupid enough to reward his  6 months of form with a retirement deal.

I watch him every week. He used to be in the side because he covered his fullback and worked hard going back and forwards.

I cover more ground getting out of bed that Albert has this year.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No he doesn't. It's funny how his form dipped the second he realised the club wasn't stupid enough to reward his  6 months of form with a retirement deal.

I watch him every week. He used to be in the side because he covered his fullback and worked hard going back and forwards.

I cover more ground getting out of bed that Albert has this year.

I disagree strongly, he always puts in a shift, yes, he’s the wrong side of 30 now but 1 thing you can never fault Albert for is effort

• Like 1

He has been a decent player for us, was pretty good in his first season, getting quite a lot of assists, good last season scoring a lot of goals, this season he has been off the boil and yes it's time to move him on but overall he has given us pretty good service.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He has been a decent player for us, was pretty good in his first season, getting quite a lot of assists, good last season scoring a lot of goals, this season he has been off the boil and yes it's time to move him on but overall he has given us pretty good service.

I'd agree with that I think he knows that hence why his performances have been poor. I do think a lot of it stems to him not getting that new contract he wanted. 

I think he would have got one had he continued his form form last season. 

Feel bad giving out criticism after such a victory, and I'm not being a killjoy, but Adomah is the weak link in the forward third, which on another day in a tight game could cost us. Nice finish last week but how often does he get in dangerous positions only to be let down by his final ball. He wasn't bad today, none of them were but he seems cursed in dangerous positions with awful crosses or pull backs.  There were multiple today. Gotta score in the first half too after being played in when he blazed over. 

It doesn't matter when we're thumping a team like today, but Adomah to me doesn't look like a footballer. Almost like any time he does do anything good it's pure luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think his time is up, improved of late but really was a non-presence yesterday. Green did more, offering more energy and threatened more in the box.

I agree. He's playing like he's aged 5 years in the space of a season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He does seem to have faded out of sight.

when Kodjia was injured he stepped up to the plate.....it seems ,he thinks, there are others to do it now.....suffers from an inferiority complex imo.

He’s never actually been that good. He just works hard and has odd moments that can change games be it his goals or a good cross out of nowhere.  I was even critical when he was banging goals in last season (I know it was harsh). He just always looked out of place too often for me.

I think he will be gone in the summer. 

• Like 2

I guess Bruce saw something we didn't. I thought bruce was insane for trying to ship out Adomah, but Adomah has been subpar all season.

Still Bruce was wrong to ship out Adomah for free though. No point getting rid of him for nothing. 

On 11/03/2019 at 12:42, rodders0223 said:

Would rather play Mark Bunn on the wing.
I would give him his three months salary today and tell him to do one.

He has another year left 

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of winger Albert Adomah.

The 28-year-old arrives from Middlesbrough and joins us on a four-year deal. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/08/31/adomah-signs

We need to really stop giving late 20s players four year deals.

He's overall done well for us but really have many good games has he played in the last 12 months? It's not many so we could've just released him on a free this summer like half our squad.

On 23/02/2019 at 22:33, villarocker said:

People, especially competitive athletes, do suffer from lack of confidence. Maybe that's what's been affecting Adomah? 

On 24/02/2019 at 00:02, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hardly robbing the club blind, he may not be the most technically gifted footballer but he always gives 100%. In 17/18, he was outstanding, we had his best season. When he leaves here, which I hope isn’t soon, he can hold his head up high

I actually think he's been pretty awful his whole time here to be honest. 

He had a 2 /3 month purple patch where he scored a lot of goals but his form before and after that was dreadful I think.   If you look back at my posts on this thread before his purple patch I frequently criticised him, thought it was a temporary upsurge after he scored a couple then grudgingly taking it back when he had scored quite a few. 

I don't think he's ever been really good, just that one short run and now he's exactly what he was like before and after that even in the 17/18 season. 

Â