Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What a player! When we signed him the only thing I'd seen of him was a YT compilation which showed no dribbling at all. Very skilful powerhouse.

Fully agree, it's so exciting to see him take on players and dribbling that much. That little nutmeg just at the end of the game when he flicked it through the leg's of some sorry Newcastle defender and went past was my favourite. There should be a daily nutmeg battle between Ayew and Kodjia after every game.

• Like 3

Hahahahahahahaha. I thought I was on the Jedinak thread and couldn't catch my breath for all the rave reviews.  Thought there was some kind of group hypnosis encouraging sarcastic posts reading about his powerhouse display and dribbling ability then I realized my error :blush:

• Like 1

A shining light in a pretty crap team performance.  Bags of skill, good hold up play, pacey and strong.  The sought of player that can get bums off seats, which we haven't had in a while.  Could be the best signing of the lot so far. 

• Like 1

I thought he looked better when he moved out wide and he had more of an opportunity to run with the ball facing goal, and it certainly helped the team. 

I have a feeling that we are going to need Gestede as a focal point in our attack this season, and Kodjia may end up playing wider in order to help the team click.

• Like 1

So surprised by this guy, not seen him before he came here ill admit and since the bristol fans said we'd massively overpaid i didnt expect him to be so good. Incredibly exciting player, hes an aerial threat aswell as a pacey dribbler with a bit of skill. Great stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonic_bouma said:

unfortunately he is being shafted by his dick of a manager who thinks his best position is in the wing.

Didn't he start as our main centre forward, do absolutely **** all and then move to the wing when Gestede came on... and basically came alive?

Also scored his goal for us from the wing. But yeah, he's wank there innit. Di Matteo is a dick.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't he start as our main centre forward, do absolutely **** all and then move to the wing when Gestede came on... and basically came alive?

Also scored his goal for us from the wing. But yeah, he's wank there innit. Di Matteo is a dick.

**** all? There was never anyone within 20 yards of him and the old balls he received where to his throat from Jedinak.

Im absolutely stunned........

A VT thread with nothing but positive comments about a player. I feel like I have entered some weird parallel universe or sumfink.

PS. He played very well today and looks a great player. Not a bad swap for Adama "im too good for you" Traore. 

*edit* I know it wasn't actually a swap but it looked and felt like one. 

Edited by TheStagMan

Â