Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, AValon said:

I like the way he talks it up. Definitely seems more of a team player than, dare I say it, the great Tekkers (waits for lightning bolt).

Tekkers was only interested in Team Tekkers. I have no problem with that, but that is just how it was.

Not about being miserable.

Just about not coming on here praising someone whose cost 15m quid for saying a few words. 

We don't have to bum the arse of them you know? It is possible to be happy in life but want better from your football team.

52 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I want to see results simple as. Had 5 years of players telling us how it's all about to change.

Just get on with it. 

The two are not mutually exclusive. I want results as much as you. I also want them to be positive those results will come, because then there's a better chance of them coming. 

I don't really understand where you're coming from with this. 

I don't understand what Kodjia was supposed to do differently in this situation. 

Refuse the interview? Say that everyone in camp is actually miserable?

Some people will literally never be happy in certain situations. 

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't understand what Kodjia was supposed to do differently in this situation. 

Refuse the interview? Say that everyone in camp is actually miserable?

Some people will literally never be happy in certain situations. 

Not unhappy. Just takes more than a player speaking inevitable words to warrant praise imo.

Never said he was.

It isn't a personal dig at kodjia, more the wishy washy media BS in general. 

I've lost count of how many times we are supposed to have turned a corner in the last 5 years. 

Start delivering. Simple as that.

People always say teams need time to gel and it doesn't click straight away. That in a sense is true. But Watford didn't struggle last year and neither are huddersfield this year. They're just getting on with it. Its always villa that need time to gel and history shows us (well recent history) that despite words in the media from players, we never were going to gel.

10 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Not unhappy. Just takes more than a player speaking inevitable words to warrant praise imo.

I don't think he was just talking platitudes.  His discussion of how he came into the game and looked out of place to the others, and how he felt a bit afraid of moving over here, were a little bit different to the normal stuff you get from many players.  He sounds a nice guy, and not up himself like so many of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Played very well. But I really do not understand the wisdom in playing a 20 goal striker on the right. The reason he cost so much was because of his goals. He has to play through the middle with a proper strike partner. 

It's the type of thing that happens when the man in charge hasn't a clue. It made no sense at all. 

He's our best signing.

Edited by villa89

Â