Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Without looking up his stats again mate I'm sure his one stand out season at Blackburn was the exception rather than the rule. I did look up his stats a while back and that 1 season aside, i think he had scored about 20 goals in the previous 8 or so years. 

I'll admit that previous to this year I've never really watched the championship, but he looked absolutely useless in the PL, so I'm not holding to much hope for the bloke. 

you are right, never prolific before that season. But that is also true of Kodjia who we signed after he had 1 good year in a much weaker league. Some players are just late bloomers. That's said you are in a better position to judge Gestede than I am, having only seen him from afar.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

good point, it's silly money for a backup, do feel Gestede is the better striker, but they are different types.

In any case there's no excuse for you to not score bucket loads with the attacking options you have, arguably the best forward players in the league.

Gestede is absolutely awful.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

You have me all kinds of confused to be fair. When did Everton buy Kodjia?

You are easily confused then. I follow both Everton and Villa. Not unheard of to support two teams in one or separate leagues.

Just seen the goal. Looking forward to see him play.

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, striker said:

You are easily confused then. I follow both Everton and Villa. Not unheard of to support two teams in one or separate leagues.

It's not unheard of, but can I ask how you came to support two teams? I'm not having a go at all, just interested in how it comes about. For me I can't imagine ever supporting another team. 

So is it terrible of me to secretly hope that the AFCON in January gets postponed again?

Nothing serious like war or Ebola of course. Corruption or something political would suffice.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It's not unheard of, but can I ask how you came to support two teams? I'm not having a go at all, just interested in how it comes about. For me I can't imagine ever supporting another team. 

I don't "support" 2 teams but I do have a certain affinity with Everton, don't know why that is, I do have some very good friends from Toxteth who are massive toffee fans and I suspect it's having an uglier, smaller team locally that give it the big 'un at every opportunity when in fact, they are just shit.

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know your not having a go and it's a fair question. Member of a large family split between Villa and Everton. I decided to take an interest in both teams to be neutral which can have its own problems. May be better that I say Villa instead of us to stop any further confusion on here?

9 minutes ago, striker said:

I know your not having a go and it's a fair question. Member of a large family split between Villa and Everton. I decided to take an interest in both teams to be neutral which can have its own problems. May be better that I say Villa instead of us to stop any further confusion on here?

Fair enough mate, I have respect for Everton and admire them as a club. They're a traditional club similar to Villa. There are other teams I like to see do well, but none come close to the love I feel for my one and only club. I was just interested to hear how that works. 

We (Villa) are obviously in a different league now, which makes dual support easier, but what did you do when we played Everton? Did you pick a side or hope it's a draw? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Fair enough mate, I have respect for Everton and admire them as a club. They're a traditional club similar to Villa. There are other teams I like to see do well, but none come close to the love I feel for my one and only club. I was just interested to hear how that works. 

We (Villa) are obviously in a different league now, which makes dual support easier, but what did you do when we played Everton? Did you pick a side or hope it's a draw? 

Really mate I stayed pretty neutral. It was probably a win win for me and loved the games between Everton and Villa when Martin was in charge of Villa. Some great football. I think those games will return to Villa next season as Villa will be promoted.

The view I take is that he is probably better than anyone we have at the moment. Pricey yes but almost certainly worth the money.

Edited by Harry

Â