Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

It was revealed today that Jimmy refused to play for us against Scunthorpe and was sulking a lot. Whereas before this became public I think he would have got a good reception upon his return, I highly doubt that will be the case now.

He did a great job for us, but a player acting up like that isn't going to go down well at any club.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It was revealed today that Jimmy refused to play for us against Scunthorpe and was sulking a lot. Whereas before this became public I think he would have got a good reception upon his return, I highly doubt that will be the case now.

He did a great job for us, but a player acting up like that isn't going to go down well at any club.

Revealed by who? We like sources here...

Ketchup, Mayo, whatever you've got ;)

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Revealed by our club owner in an interview, he said after that he sat down with Lee Johnson and they talked about what was best for the club, which was to sell Kodjia.

He also apologised to our fans for going against his statement that we wouldn't sell him to a divisional rival, but felt keeping Kodjia here would have been detrimental.

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pretty sure it came from here

Bildresultat för Burnorium’s Hot Sauce Emporium

Supposedly the premier place for sauce in Bristol

Edited by sne

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Revealed by our club owner in an interview, he said after that he sat down with Lee Johnson and they talked about what was best for the club, which was to sell Kodjia.

He also apologised to our fans for going against his statement that we wouldn't sell him to a divisional rival, but felt keeping Kodjia here would have been detrimental.

Division rival you say? ;)

Joking aside I'm not a massive fan of players taking action such as that, but without being there we will never know the particulars of the circumstances. Sorry that it has ended that way for you. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Joking aside I'm not a massive fan of players taking action such as that, but without being there we will never know the particulars of the circumstances. Sorry that it has ended that way for you. 

I think all our fans accepted he saw the move here as a stepping stone, but the way its ended has left a sour taste. We had hoped we would get 1 more year from him, but that's the way things go. Lansdown did say afterwards that he "doesn't want to paint a bad picture of him" and he recognises the pressures on him.

Still wish Jimmy good luck, but do think he may get a hostile reception when he plays us, whereas before he would likely have received nothing but applause and his song in appreciation of his efforts.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As you say it never looks good on a player doing it and it is quite possible it happened but we don't know the full story and he wouldn't be the first owner to save face a bit to keep the fans on side.

Unfortunately though I think it is a pretty common situation that happens a lot more than reported, it just depends on how bitter the dispute is to whether it's made public.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As you say it never looks good on a player doing it and it is quite possible it happened but we don't know the full story and he wouldn't be the first owner to save face a bit to keep the fans on side.

Unfortunately though I think it is a pretty common situation that happens a lot more than reported, it just depends on how bitter the dispute is to whether it's made public.

Honestly I don't doubt this happened. There was a rumour about it just before we played you, but I wrote if off as someone trying to stir the pot, hearing it from someone at the club (in this case the owner) only confirms it for me.

I see what you are saying about an owner trying to save face, but Steve Lansdown has always been upfront about things, always has come out and admitted mistakes and has flown round the country to hold a pre match meeting with fans in a pub at one away game each season, regardless of how things are going on the pitch. (One that stands out was Crewe away when we were bottom of league 1 during a season we hoped to be promoted).

Edited by JamesBCFC

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You can't believe a word club owners say.  Ours said we were about to sign a world class striker! 

4 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Unfortunately though I think it is a pretty common situation that happens a lot more than reported

I suspect it's part of the tactics manual for agents, trying to screw more money for themselves even if it pits player against club and fans.

The game would be so much better if we could strap all agents into a rocket and aim it at the nearest black hole.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wait, he's 62…

How tall is he?!

As we're seemingly reading right-to-left: 98.1 m according to wikipedia.

The human equivalent of Shel Silverstein's Long Mobile:

It's the world's longest car, I swear,
It reaches from Beale Street to Washington Square.
And once you get in it
To go where you're going,
You simply get out, 'cause you're there.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Small beer, compared to the disgraceful shenanigans we had with reptilian Delph. 

• Like 1

Â