Ritchie De Laet

meme

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree with a lot of what you say about the changing nature of the full back position. Having always played at RB I spend a lot of my time when watching games studying their movement and positioning and in general what you are saying is right.

Despite this I stand by the fact that Hutton doesn't get back into defensive position quickly enough or as quick as he could, a problem exacerbated by his propensity for giving the ball the opposition. 

He doesn't work hard enough when the opposition are in possession in my view and that is a long standing view I've held throughout his time at the club. So I don't subscribe to this 'work hard' opinion held by so many.

I think he is woeful with the ball, poor in terms of positioning and generally a liability.

I think it is fair to say had De Laet been fit last season Hutton wouldn't have triggered his extension clause, wouldn't have got another deal and would have been out the door this summer.

For me he is 3rd choice at RB behind De Laet and Bree and as such a bit of a waste of wages.

To play devils advocate I think that between running with the ball and/ or making overlapping runs, full backs nowadays probably do more high speed running than other positions. Plus it is understood that once fullbacks break forward the other players should fill the gaps left behind. Which I think explains why he isnt always sprinting back to position.

Mind you I have no stats or studies to back this up whatsoever - just an opinion really

Absence explained

Ritchie De Laet’s mysterious absence from this summer’s pre-season schedule has been revealed.

The 28-year-old, who missed seven months of action last term, has picked up another injury.

But rest-assured - it’s not serious, is in no way related to the knee and hamstring problems of last season, and is just days away from fully healing.

It was a fortnight ago when De Laet broke a bone in his wrist following a training-ground challenge.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-live-rumours-bruce-13391834

Edited by tismyk

6 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Absence explained

Ritchie De Laet’s mysterious absence from this summer’s pre-season schedule has been revealed.

The 28-year-old, who missed seven months of action last term, has picked up another injury.

But rest-assured - it’s not serious, is in no way related to the knee and hamstring problems of last season, and is just days away from fully healing.

It was a fortnight ago when De Laet broke a bone in his wrist following a training-ground challenge.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-live-rumours-bruce-13391834

Good to hear we're keeping up our quota of defenders made of glass 

On 08/06/2017 at 13:02, av1 said:

This has always been my view, he works hard but is ultimately crap.

But i remember reading a post on here a few months back, it may have been TrentVilla, but i could be wrong.

He was was talking about Huttons contribution to the team going backwards after bombing forward. So i started watching him closely at games, and the post was spot on. Hutton seems happy to go bombing up the wing like a lunatic, but as soon as he loses the ball or passes it into row z, he goes ambling back like he hasn't got a care in the world. He leaves us badly exposed. 

So now I've changed my view. 

He's just crap. 

A few of us have been saying this. I think Trent was one. Hutton gets a lot of praise for defensive efforts, which are usually caused by him losing posession in tbe first place.

On 6/8/2017 at 13:02, av1 said:

This has always been my view, he works hard but is ultimately crap.

But i remember reading a post on here a few months back, it may have been TrentVilla, but i could be wrong.

He was was talking about Huttons contribution to the team going backwards after bombing forward. So i started watching him closely at games, and the post was spot on. Hutton seems happy to go bombing up the wing like a lunatic, but as soon as he loses the ball or passes it into row z, he goes ambling back like he hasn't got a care in the world. He leaves us badly exposed. 

So now I've changed my view. 

He's just crap. 

I agree with that too.....He leaves us badly exposed......too many over the years have done that to us and has a knock on effect to the CB's....exposing them.

• 2 weeks later...

yep, only a few minutes, but it is nice to see him ( and adomah ) back out there. Still going to be a few weeks to build up his match fitness I guess,  but hopefully we'll see him play in round 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Â