Ritchie De Laet

meme

Injuries stopped us ever seeing if he could be useful for us so, best he moves on. Let's develop Bree at right back, and offer Hutton a reduced terms contract ( which I am pretty sure he'd accept ). 

• Like 1

So it begins. Antwerp agree a buy out clause that when it comes to paying they claim they are unable to afford. They know we need the money so as the buying club they have the advantage. I guess they will look for a season long loan with us paying a decent proportion of his wages. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also heard a couple of weeks ago that a deal was agreed with Antwerp to taking him on a permanent deal, but since all the hysteria with the finances this has been forgotten about.

Cant find anything confirming he's gone anywhere though

Maybe we are waiting to see whats happening with the Alan Hutton situation before deciding on RDL, someone must have clicked the good old "stall transfer" button

• 3 weeks later...

not replacing Snodgrass and he has blistering pace. I wonder with lack of signings could he be used further up the pitch

Since we already have a large collection of right backs

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not replacing Snodgrass and he has blistering pace. I wonder with lack of signings could he be used further up the pitch

Since we already have a large collection of right backs

Surely more likely to see De Laet at RB and Elmohamedy further forward?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Surely more likely to see De Laet at RB and Elmohamedy further forward?

Yea that is likely the better option. If we can't sign any new players, Elmo will have to become our Salah. 

De Laet, Hutton, Bree, and Taylor as our full backs isn't the worst. 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hope not, AEM was woeful start of the season as a right sided midfielder, real waste of one of the attacking spots imo. Play Green or RHM instead.

you didnt like the passing going diagonal to him which was a diabolical tactic

FWIW I think Elmo is garbage and should be a player we should try dispose of 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

So is he not going to Antwerp then or has his transfer been delaet?

I like what you have done there. :D If he doesn't move on he might be worth trying in the hole we have in the centre of our defence (he looked ok there in a cup game as I recall).

Was absolutely superb today, after that horrible injury it was so nice to see the player we all thought we were signing,

Take him out of the bomb squad and integrate him to the team!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Was absolutely superb today, after that horrible injury it was so nice to see the player we all thought we were signing,

Take him out of the bomb squad and integrate him to the team!

Do we sell Bree or Elmohamady instead as we don't need 3 right backs?

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The good thing about Bree and De Laet is they can play multiple roles in the team either FB or CB. Elmo can play right side, with a smaller squad this may prove useful.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Elmo as his wages will be far higher, assuming anyone will take him because his wages are so high.  Oh and because he's crap. 

• Like 1

Â