Ritchie De Laet

meme

For me we can't hang around waiting on the chance that he might make a few games towards the end of the season and I don't see that we have the players to replace him adequately for the rest of this season.

I hope we can bring in a full back on loan possibly with an option to buy. There must be a player sitting on a bench or not even getting on the bench at Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or at one of the Manchester clubs that fancies playing games regularly in our promotion winning season.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John said:

For me we can't hang around waiting on the chance that he might make a few games towards the end of the season and I don't see that we have the players to replace him adequately for the rest of this season.

I hope we can bring in a full back on loan possibly with an option to buy. There must be a player sitting on a bench or not even getting on the bench at Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or at one of the Manchester clubs that fancies playing games regularly in our promotion winning season.   

agree 100%

But how do we know if those players we target (buys/loans) will come to us?

So worse case, I know, we must somehow have a plan B if we have to go on with what we've got.

we need

GK - back up at least

RB

CD

D/CM x2 at least

playmaker

Goal machine

LW goal assister

I doubt Bruce will get all his wishlist whatever he thinks we need

I wonder what is going to happen with De Laet. He hasn't played much football since the 14-15 season and now he is out till basically next season. That would be 3 professional seasons with less than 30 games in total. That sadly can ruin a footballer. 

57 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I wonder what is going to happen with De Laet. He hasn't played much football since the 14-15 season and now he is out till basically next season. That would be 3 professional seasons with less than 30 games in total. That sadly can ruin a footballer. 

20332gabriel-agbonlahor-221356492.jpg

We definitely need a new RB in January. Hutton and Richards will be gone in the summer and we'll need a new player for next season, whichever league we're in. De Laet can come back in as the understudy, competing with new player for the position. Until then Hutton will play that role. Richards can be the kid left over after the rest have been picked. 

Who to target? I'm not sure. That's not my job, lucky for Villa. But there must be someone in a similar position to what De Laet was in, in the premier league and not first choice. 

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We definitely need a new RB in January. Hutton and Richards will be gone in the summer and we'll need a new player for next season, whichever league we're in. De Laet can come back in as the understudy, competing with new player for the position. Until then Hutton will play that role. Richards can be the kid left over after the rest have been picked. 

Who to target? I'm not sure. That's not my job, lucky for Villa. But there must be someone in a similar position to what De Laet was in, in the premier league and not first choice. 

Squad lists are here, someone more familiar than me with Premier League squad players might be able to find someone:

http://www.football365.com/news/club-by-club-premier-league-25-man-squads

I think we only need a six-month loan. Buying yet another right back would be wasteful when we're bumping up against the FFP ceiling anyway. 

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think we only need a six-month loan. Buying yet another right back would be wasteful when we're bumping up against the FFP ceiling anyway. 

We need a quality right back, not another to add to the so so list!

23 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

agree 100%

But how do we know if those players we target (buys/loans) will come to us?

So worse case, I know, we must somehow have a plan B if we have to go on with what we've got.

we need

GK - back up at least

RB

CD

D/CM x2 at least

playmaker

Goal machine

LW goal assister

I doubt Bruce will get all his wishlist whatever he thinks we need

We don't. But I would guess if their club are willing to agree to do a deal with us most players would not be against playing for us. If they are we move on to find one that wants to play football for us.

I like your shopping list but I would be happy to see a right back, a striker and two midfield players come in during the next window.    

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

We don't. But I would guess if their club are willing to agree to do a deal with us most players would not be against playing for us. If they are we move on to find one that wants to play football for us.

I like your shopping list but I would be happy to see a right back, a striker and two midfield players come in during the next window.    

playmaker

COFFEEMAKER

Goal machine

LW goal assister.......

-> Joey Barton = 2 stones with 1 bird

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2016 at 22:56, alreadyexists said:

I'd forgotten about De Laet until he tweeted a merry Christmas message yesterday. Is he out for the whole season then, or is there a chance of a return for the play off final?

Only if we loan him out to Leeds :)

• Like 2

Â