Ritchie De Laet

meme

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

What's his natural best foot though? I thought he was right footed?

He is. Against Wigan (yes i know) he played on the left of a 3 and really impressed me. Looked very composed. He has also played on the left for Leicester. 

55 minutes ago, av1 said:

Probably needs a bump given Taylors impeding ban. 

Would be my choice for LB

Has he played enough games?

I know he's played league cup but the intensity in early rounds is miles off championship standard. Wigan reserves not on the level of Wolves it's fair to say.

Think we'll see Hutton there personally.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has he played enough games?

I know he's played league cup but the intensity in early rounds is miles off championship standard. Wigan reserves not on the level of Wolves it's fair to say.

Think we'll see Hutton there personally.

Probably not. He would still be my choice though. Not only do i think he is a better player than Hutton, he also has far more experience that Hutton at left back. 

Its probably all irrelevant though, if was a betting man I'd say Bjarnason will get tje gig. #shudder. 

If RDL has any use in this squad he will be left back for the period Taylor is out. 

If it wasn't 3 of the hardest games we will face this season I'd be quite excited to see what he can offer, given a guaranteed run.

We can just hope that at the end of this period there is a genuine question to be asked of who's first choice.

10 hours ago, romavillan said:

What's his natural best foot though? I thought he was right footed?

I think he is - but then so are the other possible replacements for Taylor - Hutton was preferred as a back up left back earlier in the season in a cup game (and was poor), Clark did a good job (in a cup game against a weak side) and Bjarnason isn't natural there. We're weaker whoever picks up the position.

Bruce talked about failing to get RDL out on loan before the window closed. Bruce clearly thinks he needs games of a high intensity to get back up to speed. I willl be very surprised if Bruce has much faith to throw him in to a full blooded Championship game with so little football.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce talked about failing to get RDL out on loan before the window closed. Bruce clearly thinks he needs games of a high intensity to get back up to speed. I willl be very surprised if Bruce has much faith to throw him in to a full blooded Championship game with so little football.

I had no idea we were looking to loan him out.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If he's fit enough I'm sure he can fill in at LB. He's a decent player.

I think he's definitely good enough, as you say it's just the fitness and match sharpness that I suspect would be a factor if he doesn't play. I'd prefer to see him there more than anyone else (except taylor obv).

Edited by alreadyexists

I'm hoping he gets the leftback spot now.  I think we've been wondering where he fits into this team, or if he fits into this team.  His reputation as a Premier League footballer is bigger than the impact he has made at the club so far and this is his big chance to change that.  If he has any future in the first team and not as 'defensive sub #1' then he needs to grab this chance with both hands - if indeed he is given the opportunity.

• Like 1

I really hope we pick him ahead of Hutton whatever happens. if we're to give out chances to step up into the main fold then it should be players that have a potential future at the club. I hope he works his socks off to get into fitness ahead of the wolves game if he is indeed unfit atm.

Bjarnasson? hmmm, wouldn't gamble on him at LB.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Bjarnasson or Hutton at LB for 3 games (or even 1) is a frightening prospect. I hope we see RDL or a youth player if he's somehow not fit or "up to speed", but I'm not optimistic.

Bruce will probably revert to 3 at the back

On 10/6/2017 at 19:16, KHV said:

Bruce will probably revert to 3 at the back

Someone still has to play LB. I hope you don't suggest we'd actually PLAY three at the back, do you? Especially away against Wolves.

Â