James Chester

KJT123

Think he was probably at fault for the first goal along with Whelan, although it should never have got that far after Tuanzebe's attempt at defending.

But you forgive the odd mistake when he's so so good for the rest of the time.

He's excellent at this level.

• Like 1

Honestly bit scared when this thread get's bumped.

Can't afford to get him injured, and there really is no other real reason to post in this thread as he always does his job as a steady 7/10 (at least) week in and week out.

This is the polar opposite of the Micah Richards thread where you get your hopes up just a little every time it gets bumped.

This thread can stay un-bumped until the end of the season as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't afford to get him injured, and there really is no other real reason to post in this thread as he always does his job as a steady 7/10 (at least) week in and week out.

This is the polar opposite of the Micah Richards thread where you get your hopes up just a little every time it gets bumped.

This thread can stay un-bumped until the end of the season as far as I am concerned.

Agreed. No one bump this thread.

Ah, ooops:-(

Edited by TheStagMan

9 hours ago, sne said:

Can't afford to get him injured,

He won't feel this type of bump.

Only in his heart

And perhaps a slight burning of the ears

But that shouldn't be enough to disrupt his game.

Edited by 8pints
Thought of a better (debatable) way of phrasing my point.

I’m a big Chester fan but today was the dumbest decision he has made, it wasn’t a pen but why did he need to do a tackle lik3 that ffs? The reading player was going bloody nowhere.

captain failure today

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's made mistakes before and it's cost us, he will do so again.  Doesn't make him a bad defender.

It didn't look like a pen tbh, but I didn't see a replay.

It was such a stupid tackle that a pen was deserved just for that.

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

It was such a stupid tackle that a pen was deserved just for that.

I agree even though it was harsh it was not needed at all.

For me I thought it was a rather arrogant tackle like we had won the game. Just let the bloody ball roll out for a corner. Reading were poor they were never scoring.

Chester was very foolish and has cost us today.

I’d have to see the replay to be certain, but it looked very soft to me. However, Chester has no business going in for the tackle there. There was no immediate goal threat, and he needlessly gave the ref a chance to be the centre of attention. An experienced player such as our captain should know better. 

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

I’d have to see the replay to be certain, but it looked very soft to me. However, Chester has no business going in for the tackle there. There was no immediate goal threat, and he needlessly gave the ref a chance to be the centre of attention. An experienced player such as our captain should know better. 

Hugely disappointing and really stupid

Â