James Chester

KJT123

47 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Read this morning that he has a one match ban and we have no right of appeal.  

How can we have no right of appeal? 

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

How can we have no right of appeal? 

I don't understand it either.

I read it here:

James Chester is out of Saturday’s trip to Millwall as he faces a one-match suspension for his controversial midweek dismissal.

The Aston Villa captain was sent off for a challenge on Preston North End’s Lukas Nmecha in the 3-3 draw at Villa Park - and is facing the ban with no right of appeal.

It means that he will miss the first league outing of his claret and blue career.

Prior to the game on Tuesday night, Chester had played every single minute for Villa since signing in August 2016.

James Chester Adds to Woes

Could Chester have done or said something that loses the right of appeal?

I don't think it's likely but if he showed some dissent to the ref after the card does it lose you the right?

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Could Chester have done or said something that loses the right of appeal?

I don't think it's likely but if he showed some dissent to the ref after the card does it lose you the right?

from the highlights he looked stunned to say anything and just walked off

the worst part was some kid was pissed off for about 5 seconds then took his camera out to photograph it. I know irrelevant to Chester but just sums up a lot of modern football :P

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2018 at 07:20, sidcow said:

Anyone heard if we are appealing? 

After the mass cull in the scouting and recruiting department along with the manager and all his support staff 

Im not so sure anybody is in at Villa Park! 

• Haha 1

Explanation as to why no appeal. Sorry - Birmingham Mail:

James Chester deciding against appealing his controversial red-card because he was told the chances of getting it overturned were slim.

The skipper is out of Saturday’s trip to Millwall as he faces a one-match suspension for his harsh midweek dismissal following a challenge on Preston North End’s Lukas Nmecha in the 3-3 draw at Villa Park.

Chester felt hard done by and sacked boss Steve Bruce labelled the decision to award a penalty and send off his captain ‘a disgrace’ - so why wasn’t an appeal lodged?

Caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald said: “People were spoken to and we were told it might have gone the other way.

“He could have got more (a longer suspension).”

As frustrating as it is for Chester, he will now sit out of Saturday’s game as he completes a one-match ban.

Prior to the game on Tuesday night, the former Hull City ace had played every single minute in the Championship for Villa since signing in August 2016.

He will sit out of his first league game tomorrow.

He decided just to take it rather than run the risk of a longer ban.

Not sure I agree, but it at least makes sense.

The Birmingham Mail pulled the earlier "no right of appeal" out of their arse. I can't find anything at all to suggest that there are any circumstances in which a red can't be appealed.

It was an appalling decision, we shouldn't need to bloody appeal it should just be rescinded by the ref along with a written apology to the fans and a promise to never referee another match at any level and early retirement in Sunderland or somewhere else equally depressing 

1 hour ago, weedman said:

It was an appalling decision, we shouldn't need to bloody appeal it should just be rescinded by the ref along with a written apology to the fans and a promise to never referee another match at any level and early retirement in Sunderland or somewhere else equally depressing 

I couldn't see it properly, but it looked a bit innocuous to me.

2 hours ago, weedman said:

Yeah but if stayed on the pitch we would probably still have Brucey in charge ?

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Not sure I agree, but it at least makes sense.

The Birmingham Mail pulled the earlier "no right of appeal" out of their arse. I can't find anything at all to suggest that there are any circumstances in which a red can't be appealed.

Only can't be appealed if 2 yellows

I think the new rule is silly. That is a textbook red for me. Maybe you disagree, but I like the way things were. Players shouldn't be able to do a risky tackle when they are the last man and get away with a yellow. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I think the new rule is silly. That is a textbook red for me. Maybe you disagree, but I like the way things were. Players shouldn't be able to do a risky tackle when they are the last man and get away with a yellow. 

But 1) it is a rule, whether anyone likes it or not and 2) it wasn't even a bloody foul, the strikers poor first touch meant his momentum took him away from the ball and as he was off balance and stretching to get a shot in Chester stepped in front of him and cleared it. And we now get triple punished for that decision, horrendous 

Â