James Chester

KJT123

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yeah but if stayed on the pitch we would probably still have Brucey in charge ?

I am about as certain as it's possible to be without sitting down with our owners and asking them that the decision to sack Bruce wasn't made on the basis of one match 

9 minutes ago, weedman said:

I am about as certain as it's possible to be without sitting down with our owners and asking them that the decision to sack Bruce wasn't made on the basis of one match 

That is true but if Chester stays on I imagine we win comfortably and he would still be here. Even if it was just 1 more match ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very composed, read the game well, back to near his best.

JT, another CB next to him rather than Jedi, and crucially much better defending ahead of him, (helped by taking the game to the opposition where possible and by not surrendering possession when under pressure).....all helped.

• Like 1

He's just gone to pot.  Seems to have shifted from making a few mistakes over the course of a season to making at least one every single game.  I don't blame him for their second (it's clever from Rhodes/a bit lucky tbh) but he was poor really. Tuanzebe far better.

as I think I've said before his positioning / choices are poor  .. he quite often comes high up the field to make a challenge , misses it and then lacks the pass (along with the other 3 defenders) to recover  but then many others think he's the best CB in the league so I guess it's all about opinions

it could simply be down to finding him the right partner , looks like it will be him and Axel until at least the Jan window so lets see how the partnership develops

Â