James Chester

KJT123

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Looked like a tired challenge as he had the head start on the forward, should have had enough to stay on his feet and clear before.

Bad mistake but we should have been out of sight then anyway.

but we manage a criminal error every match now.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

yep, looks like we’re not particularly excelling at anything at the moment, except maybe getting points despite performances.

well out of the last 9 we have got 3?

• Like 1

I said it before and my opinion is he needs his hand held. Terry did it last season and he looked a lot better than he did in 1st season. Plays poor with Jedinak and Elphick. Did OK with Baker and played well with Terry

Same when plays for Wales and will be interesting to watch in next few weeks now that Williams is practically a retired blimp

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before and my opinion is he needs his hand held. Terry did it last season and he looked a lot better than he did in 1st season. Plays poor with Jedinak and Elphick. Did OK with Baker and played well with Terry

Same when plays for Wales and will be interesting to watch in next few weeks now that Williams is practically a retired blimp

Not saying you're wrong but it doesn't say good things for a senior international and senior Villa player who is our captain, who we'd look to be our defensive anchor, that he needs his hand held. And if, that's the case - and Bruce is as dumb as it seems he is and doesn't recruit another CB to hold his hand - it bodes badly for the 2018 half of the season.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I'm not a fan either, but he just needs a solid and commanding partner with a strong presence to compliment him or even just a player more on his wavelength. I rate Jedinak highly as a CDM but most players would struggle for chemistry alongside him in central defense. It's all about chemistry and I think Chester had it in spades with Terry which is why we looked so solid defensively last season.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, guyavfc said:

I really rate Chester but i'm not sure he organise's the defence that well. We were so solid at the back last season.

I thought Chester had a poor end to his first season but was outstanding last season alongside Terry. He made an error or two against Brentford and now this one yesterday. 

I think Chester was a better player last season because he was playing alongside a great defender. I think he looks a bit jittery this season because he's playing alongside a slow midfielder. 

I think chesters challenge runs up the defence clumsy panicking and mistake ridden. 

The defence is diabolical and its the reason we have not got as many points. Our back four is the average age of around 30. It's aging. Barring axel the rest are 29 or beyond

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think chesters challenge runs up the defence clumsy panicking and mistake ridden. 

The defence is diabolical and its the reason we have not got as many points. Our back four is the average age of around 30. It's aging. Barring axel the rest are 29 or beyond

so we can't blame it on a lack of experience.

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

Looked like a tired challenge as he had the head start on the forward, should have had enough to stay on his feet and clear before.

Bad mistake but we should have been out of sight then anyway.

He is not renowned for pace.....for all his good bits, pace is not one of them.

Â