James Chester

KJT123

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Will we appeal his red card? It wasn't even a certain penalty for me so a red card was over the top.

Hope so, there was clear contact but the trip was not intentional, Chester never broke stride. Then again maybe that was his idea.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Will we appeal his red card? It wasn't even a certain penalty for me so a red card was over the top.

I didn't think a red card was given now aswell as a penalty? that said, not sure there is much to appeal other than that.

His positioning in the build up to the goal was shocking...that ultimately was the issue. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I didn't think a red card was given now aswell as a penalty? that said, not sure there is much to appeal other than that.

His positioning in the build up to the goal was shocking...that ultimately was the issue. 

Yeah I was just discussng this at work. The double jeopardy rule wherby you don't get punished twice for the same incident.

• Like 2

I think we should definetely appeal it. In fact, if I’m not mistaken about the rule change, it is such shockingly poor application of the rules as to arguably be grounds for having the match replayed. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I was just discussng this at work. The double jeopardy rule wherby you don't get punished twice for the same incident.

It's only if it's deemed accidently. If the ref thinks he's brought him down intentionally then it's a red. I think it was a poor decision personally. 

Edited by holteend1982

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

It's only if it's deemed accidently. If the ref thinks he's brought him down intentionally then it's a red. I think it was a poor decision personally. 

If he seriously thinks that, he shouldn’t even be allowed to officiate sunday league games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

I think we should definetely appeal it. In fact, if I’m not mistaken about the rule change, it is such shockingly poor application of the rules as to arguably be grounds for having the match replayed. 

Yea, I'm sure the league will make us replay that fixture.. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Yea, I'm sure the league will make us replay that fixture.. :rolleyes:

They obviously won’t. But it really was a horrible decision. 

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Let's face it, worse decisions have been made (even to us) over the years. 

I’m sure of it, but for a ref to apply the rules incorrectly is quite astonishing (and, I believe, the only way you can theoretically have a game replayed because of a refereeing decision). 

It shouldn't have been a red.

Look at Croatia-Denmark in WC. Rebic goes round Kasper Schmiechel, has an open goal and Danish defender cleans him out, yellow card. If at the highest level it's now only a yellow, it shouldn't be a red in the championship.

Ref still thought it was 2015 rules.

Chester is missing John Terry big time. He's misjudged plenty of situations this season but obviously the quality of his partner isn't as high and so those mistakes aren't being covered that well.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I’m sure of it, but for a ref to apply the rules incorrectly is quite astonishing (and, I believe, the only way you can theoretically have a game replayed because of a refereeing decision). 

But means Bruce getting a reprieve ?

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Only if it's a violent conduct tackle they should give a red card

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

From what I have seen in the replay, there is enough doubt on the intention for an appeal to be made. I think that will be overturned.

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

we'd probably lose the replay

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

From what I have seen in the replay, there is enough doubt on the intention for an appeal to be made. I think that will be overturned.

From what I've seen in the replay it wasn't even a foul in the first place. Strikers touch was poor and his momentum took him away from the ball, he's then off balance stretching for the ball allowing Chester to get back in front of him and nick the ball away. There's absolutely nothing in that challenge, it was less of a foul than McGinn for our 2nd, and that wasn't close to being a foul either 

Surely, surely that will be overturned when we appeal

after seeing it I think Chester was stupid to allow the penalty to happen but never a red card but was a penalty though Johnson was probably more a red card than Chester

Then again our penalty would never have been given as I feel the ref tried to even it up as that stuff happens at every corner

Â