Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Must be frustrating having to play up top with a selection of Ayew, Gestede and Kozak. McCormack is just not getting much service and without that he won't score many. Ayew had a great chance to square it to him in the box today but instead went for a shot from a difficult angle and sliced it wide.

Anyone else think it seems like a few players don't want to give it to McCormack, I thought I was imagining it at home to Huddersfield and Rotherham, but yesterday (only saw like 2 min of highlights tbf) it seemed the same. Anyone else noticed or am I seeing something that's not there? He seems to be in great positions often begging for the ball but the players pass sideways or to someone in a worse position? 

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Anyone else think it seems like a few players don't want to give it to McCormack, I thought I was imagining it at home to Huddersfield and Rotherham, but yesterday (only saw like 2 min of highlights tbf) it seemed the same. Anyone else noticed or am I seeing something that's not there? He seems to be in great positions often begging for the ball but the players pass sideways or to someone in a worse position? 

I dont think its that i think its just adapting to each others style. We haven't had a player like mccormack in years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think its that i think its just adapting to each others style. We haven't had a player like mccormack in years

Noticed this more so with ayew - there is something not right between them and ayew looks like he's had his nose put of joint by the new boy - needs to play for the team not himself .

worrying thing for me with Ross is he has already been booked 3 times as has elphick .

Was listening to Warnock on talksport recently and he made some interesting points regarding Mcormack who he managed at Leeds. In a nutshell he said it's very difficult to fit him in a system. You want him in your team because of his ability but it can often affect the system you try to play. It kind of made sense listening to him because there are those players that you know are quality but tricky to find a system that brings the best out of them because of the type of player they are.

i guess Rooney for utd/England would be a more recent example of this. 

I think his slow start at villa is possibly down to what Warnock has said. These teething problems are us trying to figure out how to get the best out of him.

By Wednesday night however it might all be different if we sign a striker as the pressure will be off him. Hopefully Assombalonga ;)

Edited by sonic_bouma
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

Was listening to Warnock on talksport recently and he made some interesting points regarding Mcormack who he managed at Leeds. In a nutshell he said it's very difficult to fit him in a system. You want him in your team because of his ability but it can often affect the system you try to play. It kind of made sense listening to him because there are those players that you know are quality but tricky to find a system that brings the best out of them because of the type of player they are.

i guess Rooney for utd/England would be a more recent example of this. 

I think his slow start at villa is possibly down to what Warnock has said. These teething problems are us trying to figure out how to get the best out of him.

By Wednesday night however it might all be different if we sign a striker as the pressure will be off him. Hopefully Assombalonga ;)

I remember him saying that Gayle was the best striker at Palace but couldn't fit him into a system too.

Then again, I wouldn't take much notice of Warnock. Abysmal manager.

On 29/08/2016 at 13:36, dubliner said:

This international break can be used now to get him up to full fitness. 

Has looked a yard or two off the pace since he arrived.

He'll get the first goal against Forest on Sunday week!

He needs games, funny enough this is the worst thing for him imo

• 2 weeks later...

I get the feeling that both Xia and RDM are hanging their hats on this guy getting us up the table. He really needs to start scoring and two home games in 4 days is the perfect opportunity. It's not easy to bed in at a new club but a man who knows the league as well as Ross does, should start finding the net sooner rather than later. (It would help if Ayew would pass to him now again of course.)

Â