Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

aguero is not massive, or defoe. And Im pretty sure Robbie Keane never took the corners.

I don't mind him having the direct free kicks.

Just not corners.

I thought we lost a bit of attacking intend when he came off today.

I did like his corners, but surely somebody else must be capable of hitting them in a similar way. I would prefer him just outside the box on corners, to feed on half clearances. We just don't have enough players to shoot accurately from that sort of position. Gardner can do it but he was so poor generally today that I doubt we'll be seeing too much of him.

Listing to him talk during the press conference last week: "there's a lot of people within the press and within the game that are writing Aston Villa off, don't really expect us to do anything this season, we've got to use that as our motivation to go and ram it down peoples' throats"  Love it.

It's on AVTV.....https://www.avfc.co.uk/AVTV/2016/08/06/Press Conference Ross McCormack

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

Looked dangerous, constantly moving, in fact constantly sprinting. He was chasing all their pass backs, while Gestede jogged around. He's total quality at this level.

Can't wait for him to bang one in on his home debut on Saturday.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Why was he subbed?

Lack of fitness, injured or can't fit into team shape?

Because the manager didn't really give a toss if we won or lost. Or Probably the same reason Baker came off. To save them for the league because their replacements are appalling.

Edited by villa89

Felt sorry for him.. after he was subbed.. they panned in on him in the stands and he looked.. well... how we would have looked. He was probably thinking.... why did i sign for another relegation battled club. We wont create shit for him. 

Not worried about this signing at all. He is proven class at this level and will start showing it here as soon as his fitness levels improve. 

He looked frustrated at times today. He makes a lot of clever runs and moves but we rarely use them. He also had to control a lot of he ball with his head or chest from Gestede flick ons. When we played it into his feet he nearly scored from 30 yards and got an assist. 

Still looks like he lacks fitness, that will come, he has a touch of class and mischief about him and I think he's going to be. Very good signing. 

• Like 1

Â