Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

All well and good signing a 20 goal a season striker but when you make he play that deep at times and give him no service he's not even going to score you double figures.

I think we will see Ross as the central striker once more attacking options come in

Just now, AshVilla said:

He won't score more than 10 goals at this rate

Needs to be up front and not Kozak id rather us sign an AM than use him as one

Agreed. I think if you had a Ravel Morrison (putting aside the baggage for a second) in the position that Ross has been playing in, with Ross up top, we would have won at least 2 more games. 

Looks frustrated at times. Early days though, sure I read the other day that he said it took him 6 games to score his 1st goal at Fulham and he done just fine there didn't he. We really need to start giving him some clear chances though.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Looks frustrated at times. Early days though, sure I read the other day that he said it took him 6 games to score his 1st goal at Fulham and he done just fine there didn't he. We really need to start giving him some clear chances though.

They actually said it took him 6 weeks to get up to speed.

Clearly a very good player though, he will surely flourish when the rest of the team steps it up.

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. I think if you had a Ravel Morrison (putting aside the baggage for a second) in the position that Ross has been playing in, with Ross up top, we would have won at least 2 more games. 

Sounds a good option to me. With Jedinak and Tish holding the midfield with Morrison playing a more attacking role, I think RMc could well be pushed further forward getting supplied by Grealish, Morrison and Ayew.

Requires a Ravel-sized hole being filled however...

Edited by StanBalaban

i like that he's prepared to try and get into a position to shoot when outside the box, we don't do that enough - too many take the safe option with a pass out wide, which inevitably leads to a poor cross in.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Requires a Ravel-sized hole being filled however...

I wonder if the Lazio fans yearn for the return of Libor Kozak? We could throw him in on the deal :crylaugh:

Yeah is sure is quality. He needs support pressing the defenders. So many times you see him running his ass off closing down, only to get frustrated by the lack of support. We're gonna be dangerous if he rubs off on the rest of the strike force. 

• Like 1

I think he needs someone with some pace up top with him. That should lead to him getting more space as we should be able to stretch games more.

The guy is clearly a class act at this level though and a very intelligent player.

• Like 1

You can see he's getting in the right positions more and more often as he learns to play with the players around him.

There was a ball played into Gestede just before he went off which was just too high, had it been a little lower for Rudy to knock down, Ross was ready to pounce on it.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Been left out of the Scotland squad.  Strachan's obviously overwhelmed with the quality of attacking options at his disposal.

Fletcher and Martin are in so there you go.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Been left out of the Scotland squad.  Strachan's obviously overwhelmed with the quality of attacking options at his disposal.

He has hardly made any appearances and he is 30 years old. Clearly not rated and not fancied by Scotland

Edited by KHV

1 hour ago, KHV said:

He has hardly made any appearances and he is 30 years old. Clearly not rated and not fancied by Scotland

Hutton is in there but no Bannan either so I dont rate Strachan's judgement. 

Â