Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Top bloke. I was going to say really mature and level headed then they reminded me he just turned 30, but still :up: 

He speaks really well in that, and very highly of the hierarchy and the ambition. 

I hope his Achilles are ok and hold up. Struggled with both preseason before we signed him and only trained a couple of days before the Sheff W game. 

Hes only going to get better and better this season IMO. Keep him central where he wants to be. 

Hasn't set the house on fire so far but he has a goal at least and very close to scoring another at Derby. With a more involved pre season he'd have buried that chance at Wednesday aswell, lacked sharpness on that one.

I wasn't convinced by the transfer but I've been pleasantly surprised to see he offers more than goals, loved his little one two with Gestede for Rotherham goal.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hasn't set the house on fire so far but he has a goal at least and very close to scoring another at Derby. With a more involved pre season he'd have buried that chance at Wednesday aswell, lacked sharpness on that one.

I wasn't convinced by the transfer but I've been pleasantly surprised to see he offers more than goals, loved his little one two with Gestede for Rotherham goal.

Yeah, I think he's been very good so far and is showing why he'll be a key player this season.  Looks confident and comfortable on the ball.  Not afraid to shoot but, equally, recognises when someone else is in a better position.  He was a bit petulant against Derby, though.  Hopefully a one-off.

On 25 August 2016 at 22:25, VillaChris said:

Not sure this is true - read somewhere (who scored) that as of now he has set up more scoring chances than any other player in the Championship this season. I can't verify this with a link.

looks a top signing to me, experienced, level headed, a team player, chips in with goals and has a great all round game, I guess that's why we paid £14m

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He fizzled out of the Huddersfield game second half I thought....same at Derby. Probably his fitness not great yet as he didn't play much in pre season.

He looks short of sharpness, I have never been a massive fan of his and personally never rated him. I was underwhelmed when we signed him for so much money so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

He's still not yet 100% and is hardly getting much service. Despite this I've been impressed, we've not had a genuinely intelligent forward for a long time. He is brilliant at finding unoccupied space and turning on the ball, has good technique and has shown that he can create chances. We just need to give him more service, I can only really recall two clear chances he has had in the box, the one he scored (Huddlesfield) and the one where he was spent through in the first game against Wednesday.

• Like 1

Â