Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, dutchavfc1982 said:

Dos that include own goals?

No because Villa players don't score own goals for Villa ;) (I'm quite careful with my phrasings y'know ;))

I have always been fascinated by the appraisal of goal scorers......some just count the goals i.e 20 in a season, but in actual fact you could have that scenario and still get relegated. Others just look at how spectacular goals are and get influenced by the instant joy.

example 

5 in one cup

7 in other cup

and 8 spread over 5 games in the league.

great return but not great help to the team in the league.

For me the crucial stat is the goal a game man or the player who gets you one when you most need it to change a game, not just add goals to an already won match.

Alan Shearer

Dwight Yorke

Andy Gray

Peter Withe

Jamie Vardy

Dean Saunders

I like the consistent type, who are machine like in their approach to a game, always working their opposite number and looking for an opening, not just belly aching about lack of service.

I have a feeling Ross McCormack could be that type of player......not having studied his past history, just watching him play.

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

McCormack is a better footballer, but he reminds me a bit of weimann. Has similar running mannerisms and even looks a bit like him 

reads the game better and more awareness of who is around him then weimann, for me.

Â