Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Some people in the transfer thread when we were first linked said he would be a Darren bent who scores goals and nothing else. Great set up for Gestade today! 

• Like 1

Having seen him today for the first time, i was quite pleased with him.

seems to have an awareness about him.

detected a bit of a partnership with Gestede developing.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Having seen him today for the first time, i was quite pleased with him.

seems to have an awareness about him.

detected a bit of a partnership with Gestede developing.

I thought so too. There were a couple of lovely plays around the box involving RMC, Grealish and Gestede. The sort of very quick one touch football that I've not seen at VP for a number of years. Though his goal scoring record would suggest otherwise, Ross looks more of a creative player than an out an out forward. The goals will be an added bonus. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I thought so too. There were a couple of lovely plays around the box involving RMC, Grealish and Gestede. The sort of very quick one touch football that I've not seen at VP for a number of years. Though his goal scoring record would suggest otherwise, Ross looks more of a creative player than an out an out forward. The goals will be an added bonus. 

I have sneaky feeling this could be along the lines of a Niall Quinn/ Kevin Phillips scenario.....given game time.

Good call. I certainly think Gestede is benefiting from having Ross alongside him. Gestede looked like a completely different player today. 

Looked like Ayew, Gestede and McCormack were linking up nicely, especially for Gestede's second. I think he will be great and not just for goals, as he seems a very intelligent player. Also, watching the Grealish goal, I thought his movement pulled the defender out of the central area a bit allowing Jack to have a cleaner run through. 

5 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Looked like Ayew, Gestede and McCormack were linking up nicely, especially for Gestede's second. I think he will be great and not just for goals, as he seems a very intelligent player. Also, watching the Grealish goal, I thought his movement pulled the defender out of the central area a bit allowing Jack to have a cleaner run through. 

I think it helped that one of the defenders fell flat on his arse too to be fair 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it helped that one of the defenders fell flat on his arse too to be fair 

Hah, yeah. Though I think part of the reason he fell was because he was going to cover McCormack's run, and when he tried to change directions to go for Grealish, he then fell. 

He's going to become a real fan favourite, I feel. He's so selfless, even when in te box he squared it to a teammate who had a better angle for the shot, when others (Ayew, for sure) would have just gone for goal.

His set pieces faded towards the end of the game, but I'd put that down to him being tired, as the rest of his crosses prior to that we're pretty good (or even 'great', if we go by our usual standards!)

Lastly, I'm so happy we finally have someone with a decent long shot on him!!

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

For such a great goal scorer at this level, he's a very unselfish player. 

I thought that. I expected him to take a shot on a couple of times and he layed in a teammate. 

No doubt he will score and set up his fair share throughout the season. 

• Like 1

Â