Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was a great challenge. He's not going to score with every single chance!

He took an extra touch when he should have just smashed it low and hard. Only excuse he has is that he was flagging but of anyone on the pitch I'd have expected him to just smash it, it would have been him.

Just want to add I thought he was great for the rest of the game, my only gripe was not shooting when he was one-on-one.

On today's showing though, impressive stuff.

He played a couple of nice balls today that looked misplaced due to the lack of movement around him. Reminded me a bit of JPA in that sense, hopefully with a couple of additions we will see the best of him. His intelligence and creativity will be wasted playing alongside Gastede. 

Lovely, tidy and technically gifted from his showing today. I am hoping he can become a real asset, once match fit. Ayew and McCormack with Grealish and Green either side would be nice, in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with McCormack just behind Ayew, both of which have the ability to interchange. I appreciate we would need two very solid DM.

43 minutes ago, heid3ster said:

If that's how he performs with no pre-season at all, I'm really looking forward to seeing him with full match fitness.

I can't wait to see how he performs in a team where Ayew is actually playing for the team.. 

I don't know what had gotten into Ayew today, he was playing like he was pissed off or something as he was on the wing but he never once passed the ball to McCormack.

McCormack had a storming game today but he possibly could have scored had one of our more creative players not blanked him all match.

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

He played a couple of nice balls today that looked misplaced due to the lack of movement around him. Reminded me a bit of JPA in that sense, hopefully with a couple of additions we will see the best of him. His intelligence and creativity will be wasted playing alongside Gastede. 

Personally I would say he is technically more gifted than JPA and I'm looking forward to a lot more from him- decent enough start all things considered 

Â