Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, useless said:

Whichever way you wrap it up, today's Premier league is the equivalent of 1981's first division, today's Championship is the equivalent of 1981's second division.

Well.......thats the way i see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

A few weeks ago I asked if Tommy Elphick was the first Tommy to play for us. Obv I was wrong, and there had been a couple. But Bobzy came up with Tommy Benteke, how could we forget him!?

I think you'll find it was Jonathan Benteke! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

This Tweet was spot on apart from McCormack being Scottish and Clark being Irish.

Clark is English.  Born in London, lived in England his entire life, represented England at every youth level up to U20, then the FAI did that thing where they find players who are eligible for the Republic and offer them first team football. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Mcormack is actually african and we will miss him in jan

Yeah, but he's from the tribal region of Western Sahara so they probably wont qualify. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wasn't sure what to make of this signing. Then I learned he doesn't have social media, so now I love him. Get in Ross!

That's because he's 55 years old and granddads don't get Twitter.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, heid3ster said:

That's because he's 55 years old and granddads don't get Twitter.

He's actually about a month younger than me, and while I know these have all been jokes it's been a little bit depressing reading people talking about how ancient he is. 

I might have to finally admit I'm not going to make it in my footballing career. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's actually about a month younger than me, and while I know these have all been jokes it's been a little bit depressing reading people talking about how ancient he is. 

I might have to finally admit I'm not going to make it in my footballing career. 

Hell, I am practically old enough to be his mother, so don't worry about it.

10 hours ago, NIVillan said:

I think the point like a chrissy waddle penalty sailed over your head.

In Clear points:

IT IS THE SAME TROPHY.

And it is the same competition.  When we got relegated we had to apply to rejoin the Football League, the same Football League we left to join the Premier League and the same Football League we won in 1981, 1910, 1900, 1899, 1897, 1896 and 1894.

1024px-AstonVilla1896-97.jpg

See that Trophy in the Middle on the Table - Guess what if Villa win the League they compete in this year they will be awarded the same trophy.

Edited to add that the photo is from 1897

All very true, and Britain also had an Empire in 1897. And you know what, IT'S THE SAME EMPIRE THAT WE HAVE TODAY.

Oh, hang on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

If a 3'9" footballer liker Tommy Elphick and a 78 year old footballer like Ross McCormack can still make it, I wouldn't give up just yet. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

1024px-AstonVilla1896-97.jpg.c2c694e4ace

Which one is McCormack in that photo then?

Actually, I figured it out for myself: he's the fat one.

That Crespo in the top row.. 3rd from the right? 

• Like 1

Â