Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He did not try here?  I don't really get the hate.  It didn't work out for him, he's actively tried to move on.

It hasn't worked out for Richards or Agbonlahor - they're just sat around doing nothing.

"MccorSlack" - I mean, what? :crylaugh: 

No, he did not.

This is a guy who couldn't be arsed to turn up for training, using pathetic excuses about his gates (something he did not deny when asked).

He hasn't actively tried to move on, he's gone for a six month laugh down to Australia, christ, how hard would your employer have to work to 'force' you to go work in Australia for 6 months?

2 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

You're right, but we have to work and deliver the results required from our salary no? If you negotiate a fat salary, surely you recognise the expectations that come with that and behave accordingly?

Getting overweight, refusing to turn up to training and then moving to a joke of an amatuer league. Everyone expected more and he knew this, but instead decided not to apply himself. The same as Lescott, Richards ect.

You are correct.

• Like 2

I understand he had some problems that are difficult to print on a forum, but equally its only rumour.....I don't think Steve Bruce is a manger that goes looking for trouble, so he dealt with it.

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn’t he not turn up for training ONCE? And was disciplined... and his head wasn’t in the right place, so he’s gone to actually play football somewhere. 

Unlike Agbonlahor. Unlike Richards. Unlike most overpaid British footballers who are rotting in reserve squads. 

But yeah, what a prick for wanting to continue playing. 

Absolutely bang on the money in my opinion - look everyone knows that I do not rate Gabby one jot - but can someone really say that Ross let down the club even more than Gabby during our relegation season ?  For what's it's worth I've never heard Ross claim to be a villain !

i keep adding that I have never been close to anyone inside the club - so all I see is people posting/ writing about his so - called issues - I have absolutely no clue as to what he is supposed to be guilty off - but I agree with the OP McCormack has not sat on his backside  claiming his pay cheque  he has at least flown across the world to play in what I would describe as an uncompromising league albeit short on quality? I have to believe that Ross must now be physically and mentally sharper as a result of his current spell down under.

Unlesd Ross is basically excommunicated from the squad I figure he should be part of the match day 18

• Like 1

Bruce will be more than aware of the plusses and minuses of having Ross in the squad. He wouldn’t willingly ditch a goal scorer without his reasons, and I suspect (I may of course be way off) the most likely one is Team Spirit, it’s the hardest thing of all to create, and the easiest to destroy.

Heading back after tonight's game link (may get paywall)

Melbourne City striker Ross McCormack returns to UK as club baulks at high loan fee

A-LEAGUE goal machine Ross McCormack will return to the UK on Friday with his Melbourne City future still unresolved.

City coach Warren Joyce conceded that Thursday night’s clash with second-place Newcastle Jets at AAMI Park could be McCormack’s his 17th and last for City.

McCormack, who’s netted 15 goals, will hold face-to-face talks with Aston Villa chiefs over the weekend after his loan deal as Bruno Fornaroli’s injury replacement ends.

It’s understood that the sticking point is Villa seeking a loan fee in excess of $100,000 from City.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Didn’t he not turn up for training ONCE? And was disciplined... and his head wasn’t in the right place, so he’s gone to actually play football somewhere. 

Unlike Agbonlahor. Unlike Richards. Unlike most overpaid British footballers who are rotting in reserve squads. 

No. He was extremely late or didn't show at all on at least 6 occasions according to the manager. He was then given a chance to apologise, which he refused to do. So he was sent on loan. 

He then came back in the summer and was given a second chance and again, according to the manager, his attitude wasn't right. Ross McCormack has never refuted these claims. 

Now of course you're entitled to call Steve Bruce a liar, but don't present that as fact. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

He's a prick for taking us all for mugs, we're paying him to be in Australia, what a real hardship for the guy wow.

And if you believe that gate-gate was the only incident to have occurred you're one naive mofo. I am not privy to inside information but I very much doubt that he was a model professional who tragically found himself locked into his mansion by his own demonic driveway gates on one single occasion to then be cast aside by the club.

I got the sense from Bruce's obvious frustration that it was the cherry on the icing on the cake.

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Absolutely bang on the money in my opinion - look everyone knows that I do not rate Gabby one jot - but can someone really say that Ross let down the club even more than Gabby during our relegation season ?  For what's it's worth I've never heard Ross claim to be a villain !

i keep adding that I have never been close to anyone inside the club - so all I see is people posting/ writing about his so - called issues - I have absolutely no clue as to what he is supposed to be guilty off - but I agree with the OP McCormack has not sat on his backside  claiming his pay cheque  he has at least flown across the world to play in what I would describe as an uncompromising league albeit short on quality? I have to believe that Ross must now be physically and mentally sharper as a result of his current spell down under.

Unlesd Ross is basically excommunicated from the squad I figure he should be part of the match day 18

A villain he is.

A villan he is not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

What an absolute disaster of a signing. He seems like a massive, massive piece of shit as well.

Big talks scheduled with him by the weekend.

Hopefully there is truth behind the Leeds rumour and try and claw a few quid back from him.

I wonder will Bruce allow him to train with the first team squad? If it was me I’d insist on an apology not only to the manager but the players as well and then keep a close eye on him in training. If he’s not giving 100% I’d let him train on his own until someone took a chance on him on another loan.

Â