Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why do you automatically assume McCormacks 'side' in the argument? 

Or do you just believe everything players say in the media? (remember when Delph said he was staying?) 

I don't get it Dave, we're not short on goals, we're winning games, feels like nitpicking in the vain hope of finding something to fault Bruce for. 

Either way, I wouldn't have him back at B6 in any capacity.

It is probably a good call by Bruce and respect his judgement on this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why do you automatically assume McCormacks 'side' in the argument? 

Or do you just believe everything players say in the media? (remember when Delph said he was staying?) 

I don't get it Dave, we're not short on goals, we're winning games, feels like nitpicking in the vain hope of finding something to fault Bruce for. 

This is completely not the case - my point has been consistent all along - I just think that now is the time to reintegrate Ross if ever.! don't see it happening tbh with you - but surely you can't have too many strikers in the habit of scoring goals?

Look as I have said I have no idea of the issues that may/may not surround Ross - if you were to tell me that he would not be weicome back into the squad then I will take your word on this - but are we at this point?

i don't know 

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

This is completely not the case - my point has been consistent all along - I just think that now is the time to reintegrate Ross if ever.! don't see it happening tbh with you - but surely you can't have too many strikers in the habit of scoring goals?

Look as I have said I have no idea of the issues that may/may not surround Ross - if you were to tell me that he would not be weicome back into the squad then I will take your word on this - but are we at this point?

i don't know 

I would say we are firmly at this point.

The man has taken the piss out of us all, sat on a nice healthy contract and doing next to nothing in the shirt, I recently supported someone's view that Tishbola was one of if not the worst signing we've made but actually it's this joker when you consider we stumped up £12M for him and are no doubt paying him a big wage each week too whilst he laughs at us all on a beach in Melbourne.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I would say we are firmly at this point.

The man has taken the piss out of us all, sat on a nice healthy contract and doing next to nothing in the shirt, I recently supported someone's view that Tishbola was one of if not the worst signing we've made but actually it's this joker when you consider we stumped up £12M for him and are no doubt paying him a big wage each week too whilst he laughs at us all on a beach in Melbourne.

I think you are being unfair here. He is playing, scoring and training in Australia, which is all you can ask of any footballer.  If you want to castigate players, look to Richards and Agbonlahor.

And McCormack did not set the amount of his transfer. 

• Like 1

We would not have the sort of harmony in the squad we have now were Mcormack still around doing the exact opposite of what the boss asks him. He's a bad apple, and just guessing here probably quite a divisive character. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think you are being unfair here. He is playing, scoring and training in Australia, which is all you can ask of any footballer.  If you want to castigate players, look to Richards and Agbonlahor.

He did negotiate his wage packet though, which is a whopping £45K a week.

Richards is on £50K.

I really don't, he was given all the opportunity to impress and he spat it back in our faces.

I don't blame him for the transfer fee, that was our own stupid fault in hindsight but he could have at least tried.

I'm sure it's a real hardship for him having a six month jolly-up in Australia playing against people who would struggle to get into Torquay's first XI.

And I have castigated both Agbonlahor and Richards, regularly, they have no bearing on my opinion on MccorSlack

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The man has taken the piss out of us all, sat on a nice healthy contract and doing next to nothing in the shirt, I recently supported someone's view that Tishbola was one of if not the worst signing we've made but actually it's this joker.

I think Richards is a mile clear of everyone when it comes to this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I really don't, he was given all the opportunity to impress and he spat it back in our faces.

I don't blame him for the transfer fee, that was our own stupid fault in hindsight but he could have at least tried.

I'm sure it's a real hardship for him having a six month jolly-up in Australia playing against people who would struggle to get into Torquay's first XI.

And I have castigated both Agbonlahor and Richards, regularly, they have no bearing on my opinion on MccorSlack

His name is McCormack. And I don't think I know enough about what happened to come down firmly on one side or the other. 

But if Bruce thinks he cannot have him back, fair enough. He is the manager, and is doing well enough at the moment that I would have to go along with his decisions.

52 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

His name is McCormack. And I don't think I know enough about what happened to come down firmly on one side or the other. 

But if Bruce thinks he cannot have him back, fair enough. He is the manager, and is doing well enough at the moment that I would have to go along with his decisions.

Sorry Ross, didn't mean to offend you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

All you can ask of a footballer?  With his skill set and Talent?  Really?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He did not try here?  I don't really get the hate.  It didn't work out for him, he's actively tried to move on.

It hasn't worked out for Richards or Agbonlahor - they're just sat around doing nothing.

"MccorSlack" - I mean, what? :crylaugh: 

• Like 1

We all try to get as much as possible, so no problem with that. 

You're right, but we have to work and deliver the results required from our salary no? If you negotiate a fat salary, surely you recognise the expectations that come with that and behave accordingly?

Getting overweight, refusing to turn up to training and then moving to a joke of an amatuer league. Everyone expected more and he knew this, but instead decided not to apply himself. The same as Lescott, Richards ect.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What more do you think you could ask for? If you think he is too good for Australian football, you could be right. 

Yes - His skill set and talent and Wages I would expect a lot more effort put in.

I don't have an issue with the size of fee or wages as we all would try to get as much as we could but he is being paid by Villa to be a footballer.

The Aussie A League is way below what he should be aiming at.

He is not doing everything he can to succeed therefore he is a failure.

The ones running around on your local pitch are often doing everything they can to be a better footballer they are success.

It is what you do with what you have.

• Like 1

Â