Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, striker said:

I wonder will Bruce allow him to train with the first team squad? If it was me I’d insist on an apology not only to the manager but the players as well and then keep a close eye on him in training. If he’s not giving 100% I’d let him train on his own until someone took a chance on him on another loan.

Last chance saloon you think?

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hearing Agnew is due to have one to one coaching sessions with him next week. They will be focusing on his gait initially. 

Had a real chuckle at that one.:D

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Last chance saloon you think?

I would think so Rigo. 

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No. He was extremely late or didn't show at all on at least 6 occasions according to the manager. He was then given a chance to apologise, which he refused to do. So he was sent on loan. 

He then came back in the summer and was given a second chance and again, according to the manager, his attitude wasn't right. Ross McCormack has never refuted these claims. 

Now of course you're entitled to call Steve Bruce a liar, but don't present that as fact. 

Fair enough then :D 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Holy shit, they're baulking at $100,000.

Times are a hard down under.

We are asking for peanuts really and if they won’t pay such a paltry sum they can do without .

having heard Holloway wax lyrical about McCormack many times I’m surprised qpr aren’t in for him on loan - would suit all parties , a manager  that loves him , back in London and also hopefully he could knock a few goals in against those opponents chasing promotion .

wishful thinking I guess .....

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

All the Leeds fans I know say he's a clearing in the woods, and don't want him back. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Fulham were also reported to be delighted to get rid of him.

Looks like we've joined that band wagon.

Ok I'll say this - IF the manager wants to have a chat with him, has a look at him in training, likes what he hears and sees and is willing to integrate him back into the squad then ok. I don't have to like him, but if he keeps his head down and shows desire then I'm cool with it. All that matters is we maintain this unity in the squad and gain promotion to the Premier League, not Ross McCormack or Steve Bruce. 

But ANY doubts at all and I'd rather he sat at home. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Hope this is a valuable lesson learnt by the club and they evaluate how players would fit in to a club rather than just look at their past record. 

I'm only saying this as it seems he has quite a lot of history and not being so liked at previous clubs so warning signs were there. 

However I can't deny I was delighted when we signed him. 

• Like 1

Didnt realise he was back until just now. 

Let's put the past behind us and get Agnew working his magic on him, combined with us actually having a style of football now - it might just be the right time to reintroduce him. He will be high on confidence too. Not to mention a double edged sword to actually use him for FFP reasons

Players have done far worse than not turn up for training due to legitimate gate issues and got back into the team.

I may be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but his return to the club based on the Aussies unwillingness to stump up a £100k loan fee can be picked apart easily. 

If Bruce feels that RMC is a disruptive figure within the squad i doubt we would risk bringing him back into the squad over a paltry £100k fee. 

So one of 2 things are happening here imo. Either:

i) Bruce is going to give him another chance. 

Or

ii) He is close to being sold. 

I very much doubt that this has anything at all to do with loan fee. 

I wrote in a different thread how certain things have turned out ok for this season. Such as players coming back from fitness or excelling at the right time as well as other players doing better than expected when covering key injuries.

It would be perfect if a rejuvenated McCormack fired us to promotion when nobody expected it.

Football gods are watching....

Not sure how I feel about Ross. Part of me would love to see him return and perform well for us but at the same time I'm concerned he'll be a negative influence on what seems a strong locker room right now. Wait and see I guess. 

That all said, I still expect him to leave via a loan with option to buy deal. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why?

Doug - I am trying hard to put my disdain of Gabby as a professional footballer to one side for a moment, so please try and bear with me - so has Ross McCormack really behaved any worse than our so called one of our own during our relegation season - you speak of him missing training? But how did Gabby fall out of condition to be deemed not fit to play and then  Sent on his own personal training regime? if I read correctly - does this not equate to McCormack's  bahaviour which you speak of ? Now Doug you seem to be a well connected person - much more so than I could ever hope to - I am just an ordinary fan and you might know more than you feel comfortable to share on here? And if you say to me hand on heart that McCormack has way overstepped a line - I would be willing to accept this and close my support of him - but as I say as just an ordinary fan - I just find it a little odd that Bruce held out an olive branch in one direction- but not in another ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Doug - I am trying hard to put my disdain of Gabby as a professional footballer to one side for a moment, so please try and bear with me - so has Ross McCormack really behaved any worse than our so called one of our own during our relegation season - you speak of him missing training? But how did Gabby fall out of condition to be deemed not fit to play and then  Sent on his own personal training regime? if I read correctly - does this not equate to McCormack's  bahaviour which you speak of ? Now Doug you seem to be a well connected person - much more so than I could ever hope to - I am just an ordinary fan and you might know more than you feel comfortable to share on here? And if you say to me hand on heart that McCormack has way overstepped a line - I would be willing to accept this and close my support of him - but as I say as just an ordinary fan - I just find it a little odd that Bruce held out an olive branch in one direction- but not in another ?

Spot and Ross is still an assett so integrate him to use him or sell him. Letting him holiday down under isn’t good for either of us. 

Â