Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

37 minutes ago, dukes said:

Surely Dr Tony has some friends in Chinese football with a few million to burn ? The outlay for Ross is a pittance in the Chinese league.

You would think SHA/Sunderland/Hull would be keen in Jan, would be happy to see him go to any of those. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Coleman stating that Sunderland are out of money and will only be able to do loans in January.

So them paying for McCormack seem even less likely now.

How on earth can they be out of money even with parachute payments? Boy I thought we were run badly! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How on earth can they be out of money even with parachute payments? Boy I thought we were run badly! 

Wages. I said it before and I will say it again. Someone is going to get relegated and go bust soon. 

At least we were able to shift some players on loan and sell others. And I assume Tony injected hard cash as well. 

Not sure how many have exited Sunderland but if it's not many they will be hemorrhaging money. 

Premier League wages are just so off the scale now. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wages. I said it before and I will say it again. Someone is going to get relegated and go bust soon. 

At least we were able to shift some players on loan and sell others. And I assume Tony injected hard cash as well. 

Not sure how many have exited Sunderland but if it's not many they will be hemorrhaging money. 

Premier League wages are just so off the scale now. 

Add insult to injury they have tossers like Joleen Lescott still stealing a wage too iirc?

• Like 2

On 04/01/2018 at 17:55, Vive_La_Villa said:

£110 million debt and last seasons wage bill was £83 million, imagine if they go down again it would completely ruin them! 

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

£110 million debt and last seasons wage bill was £83 million, imagine if they go down again it would completely ruin them! 

That would have been us last year if we didnt have Kodjia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

A modern day Leeds without the champions league part.

Does not look good for them.

Goal machine McCormack hints at extending Melbourne City stay

After scoring twice on Saturday night to power Melbourne City to a precious win, striker Ross McCormack has hinted he could stay in the Hyundai A-League until season's end. 

The Scottish striker, on loan from Aston Villa as an injury replacement for Bruno Fornaroli, has now scored ten goals this season after his two goals helped City to a 2-1 win over Phoenix at AAMI Park. 

He told Fox Sports he hopes the two clubs can come to an agreement. 

"I think the club might be talking to Aston Villa as well to see if I can stay for the season.

"It'd be good if they could do that," he said. 

Though he wasn't sure when the decision would be made. "You'd need to ask the powers that be. I'm not sure." 

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/goal-machine-mccormack-hints-extending-melbourne-city-stay

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Hope hes willing to drop to the wages that they would usually offer too.......

Knowing what A league players get paid (kind of) I think we will be paying 60%-70% of his wages at best.

Just an idea..... why don't we sell him to man city!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

He mentioned in the Australian press that the clubs are talking about extending for the rest of the season. 

Good, as he's scored 90% of their goals since he's been there I am sure they will be happy to pay a loan fee and increase the amount of his wages they pay to 100%.

Â